1. 2015 is going to be a great year for Android! Why wait??
    Samsung Galaxy Note 5 | Samsung Galaxy S6 | HTC One M9
  2. New Forum Created: Samsung Gear VR!

Needed: separate sub-forums for Eclair and Froyo on the AllyGeneral

1. netizenmt

netizenmt Well-Known Member

If we could reorganize the threads a bit, it would make it easier for those looking for version specific information. How to root the Ally for Eclair is totally meaningless to someone running FroYo and n00bs would find it much easier to navigate.

Just an idea... anyone else have a different take on it?

Advertisement
    :
    ludeawakening likes this.
  2. Mayhem

Mayhem Well-Known Member Contributor

I agree, but you might want to contact the folks at Phandroid directly to suggest this.

Email them here
  3. xepicxacidx

xepicxacidx Well-Known Member

Yes thats a good idea because im still running eclair and all this froyo stuff gets mixed in
  4. death2all110

death2all110 VIP Member VIP Member

Actually it would be better to contact Rob or something for something like this rather than email phandroid
  5. dautley

dautley VIP Member VIP Member

I think it's a good idea but the question, is with Froyo out and people being bugged to upgrade every 15 to 30 minutes, How much longer will Eclair be a factor?
  6. xepicxacidx

Well people who rooted there phones and they have no idea how to do the 2.2 they will probly wait until theres a easier way if there ever is
  7. death2all110

death2all110 VIP Member VIP Member

There wont be an easier way. guaranteed. the radio is needed and wont flash through custom recovery. it has to be flashed by stock recovery.
  8. Kelmar

Kelmar Done by choice VIP Member

Subforums won't happen. Sorry. It's been asked by others in other forums before and they all got the big thumb down. If you want to try anyways, the suggestion/feedback forum would be the way to go as the Admin is the one who has to approve it and it has to be able to benefit the ENTIRE forum and not just the Ally section (if that makes sense).

Better thread organization though I'm sure is able to happen (assuming I'm understanding your request correctly).

Does someone care to tackle this? I don't have an Ally so I have no idea of what is useful for Froyo and what is useful for Eclair.

How about compiling a list here and say, in a few days, death2all110 PM's me with what needs to be updated in the "stickies" and what does not.

Trident appears to be fairly active in this community and I'll forward this along to him.

Discuss :)
  9. Kelmar

This is typically what we see in other forums. There is some cross talk for a month or so. Usually the first thing people will ask is "are you on 2.1 or 2.2" and then the thread continues.

What may be useful (just a suggestion :)) is to start labeling threads as [2.2] or [2.1] to help others know what you are referring to.

:)
  10. xepicxacidx

Good idea
  11. yohobojo

yohobojo Well-Known Member

Rlly good idea. =D. Just a matter if ppl actually read this thread or not...
  12. Kelmar

Start the habit :)

Don't forget you can edit previous titles of threads you have created too!
  13. Mayhem

Mayhem Well-Known Member Contributor

Oh, sorry. I figured since the site is part of phandroid that he should start there.