• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Needs the MR4 update.

Hey does anyone have the MR4 update laying around? My phone was acting wonky and in the atempts to fix it i did a total roll back using the 2.1 ruu and now I cant find the update anywhere. The google link has been pulled and my phone says I'm up to date even though I'm still on 2.36.605.1.

Honestly now that the update is off my battery life is a lot better and I don't have any of the nasty bugs that it was supposed to fix, but my radio is garbage. So if anyone can pass me the radio or a link to find it that would be smashing. I seen it on xda at one point but I've since been unable to find it again after trying to search again.

Maybe a dumb question but what is this update for the Eris??

This was the July over the air update for the Eris. Unfortunately, I was already rooted at the time this came out and never thought that I'd need that file, and I haven't been able to find a copy that is still a working link the last few times that I searched for it.

For the OP, if you root again you can get the radio file on xda. Or, you can install ErisUser1's 2.1 flash, which I believe will give you all of the 2.1 code and radio and then reinstall the stock, unrooted recovery.

[ROM][10/20/2010]FlashBack21 v1 -Return to Factory Stock - UPDATED - xda-developers

This is probably your best bet at this point.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones