NeoCore. Post your results here.

1. Jedii

Jedii Well-Known Member

NeoCore is an OpenGL-ES 1.1 graphics performance benchmark for Android, using Qualcomm's Adreno graphics hardware (Engadget uses this as a test as well). Download it (free) and see what your results are! Post your results and lets all compare. State details on your phone (rooted, roms, kernels, stock, etc.).

http://www.androlib.com/android.application.com-qualcomm-qx-neocore-BwF.aspx

Here are the phones I have ran this benchmark on. (Each device I ran was straight stock)

Motorola Droid X: 44.1 FPS

Sasmung Fascinate: 55.4 FPS

Motorola Droid 1: 24.3 FPS

Motorola Droid 2: 26.2 FPS

HTC Incredible: 26.2 FPS

LG Ally: 40.4 FPS

Just a comparison to see what all each phone and the specs are actually capable of.

Advertisement
    :
  2. ThatsNoUser

ThatsNoUser Member

Whoa that was pretty cool

Samsung Epic 4g

stock rom, not rooted, all other tasks killed before running:

54.4 fps
  3. Jedii

Jedii Well-Known Member

Fun to watch eh? Lol. From what I have seen, looks like the Galaxy S lineup is blowing away other scores.
  4. Szadzik

Szadzik Well-Known Member

Stock Moto Milestone 24.7 :)
  5. w_bovine

w_bovine Well-Known Member

Samsung Vibrant, stock ROM, rooted with lag fix, with no tasks killed prior: 55.7
  6. burningembers

burningembers Well-Known Member

I got 55.6 on my Samsung Fascinate. And yes, fun to watch :D
  7. ingcorra

ingcorra Active Member

32 fps htc legend stock rom 2.05
  8. prerunnerseth

prerunnerseth Well-Known Member

This is probably biased to Qualcomm hardware. The Droids all use TI OMAP processors. Specifically says its for testing Qualcomm gpus.
  9. Jedii

Jedii Well-Known Member

That was my thought until my pal at Engadget recommended me to this app. Then I ran it on every phone that I could and the Samsung did much better that the Droid X and Droid 2 (both running the most current OMAP chips). Kind of interesting eh?
  10. prerunnerseth

The samsung is the only one i know of running the latest Qualcomm Hummingbird processor. Makes sense that it would dominate the numbers on a benchmark designed for Qualcomm GPUs. The fact that the droid x does 44 on a benchmark made for different GPU is pretty good IMHO.
  11. w_bovine

w_bovine Well-Known Member

Could be true...certainly wouldn't be the first time a benchmark was biased.
  12. Jedii

Jedii Well-Known Member

Good point. I wonder why the Droid 2 did not fair near as well?
  13. prerunnerseth

Not sure... My scores were consistant with yours. running Rooted deodexed froyo build.
  14. Jedii

Jedii Well-Known Member

I honestly think NeoCore and Quadrant both need an update. Something has to be an error here. Unless im just imaging it.
  15. d1c1ple

d1c1ple Well-Known Member

55.5 stock fascinate :)
  16. jemkey

jemkey New Member

32.3FPS - HTC Hero (FroydVillain 1.5, rooted, FV kernel, o/c to 730)
  17. Big Dog KMc

Big Dog KMc Well-Known Member

Stock Vibrant.
    No Root.
    No Lag Fix.

18. saps

saps Well-Known Member

55.5 Fascinate
  19. VanDums

VanDums Well-Known Member

I just got a Droid 2 a couple weeks ago and I do think there is a bias when my Eris only runs 2fps slower than my Droid 2. At the same time my Eris, rooted with 2.2 and oc'd to 710 had about a 400 quadrant score and my Droid 2 is 1457.
  20. Psyclone

Psyclone Well-Known Member

I believe that you meant to say Qualcomm Snapdragon, the Hummingbird is made by Samsung...

Oh and 55.4 on Samsung Epic running leaked Froyo.
  21. dougiefresh66

dougiefresh66 Member

Hmmm I thought 28.5 was good for my stock brand new ( cuz I got my other one wet ) EVO was good ....guess not ...bummer , it looked good...
    [​IMG]
  22. satanovsyn

satanovsyn New Member

ZTE skate - Skatie ROM by CECO (CECO S2 kernel) - 52.2FPS
  23. marc12868

marc12868 Well-Known Member Contributor

58.6 FPS
    HTC Mytouch 4G Slide
    Stock, deodexed, rooted, themed.