NeoCore. Post your results here.

1. Jedii

Jedii Well-Known Member

NeoCore is an OpenGL-ES 1.1 graphics performance benchmark for Android, using Qualcomm's Adreno graphics hardware (Engadget uses this as a test as well). Download it (free) and see what your results are! Post your results and lets all compare. State details on your phone (rooted, roms, kernels, stock, etc.).

http://www.androlib.com/android.application.com-qualcomm-qx-neocore-BwF.aspx

Here are the phones I have ran this benchmark on. (Each device I ran was straight stock)

Motorola Droid X: 44.1 FPS

Sasmung Fascinate: 55.4 FPS

Motorola Droid 1: 24.3 FPS

Motorola Droid 2: 26.2 FPS

HTC Incredible: 26.2 FPS

LG Ally: 40.4 FPS

Just a comparison to see what all each phone and the specs are actually capable of.

Advertisement
  2. ThatsNoUser

ThatsNoUser Member

Whoa that was pretty cool

Samsung Epic 4g

stock rom, not rooted, all other tasks killed before running:

54.4 fps
  3. Jedii

Jedii Well-Known Member

Fun to watch eh? Lol. From what I have seen, looks like the Galaxy S lineup is blowing away other scores.
  4. Szadzik

Szadzik Well-Known Member

Stock Moto Milestone 24.7 :)
  5. w_bovine

w_bovine Well-Known Member

Samsung Vibrant, stock ROM, rooted with lag fix, with no tasks killed prior: 55.7
  6. burningembers

burningembers Well-Known Member

I got 55.6 on my Samsung Fascinate. And yes, fun to watch :D
  7. ingcorra

ingcorra Active Member

32 fps htc legend stock rom 2.05
  8. prerunnerseth

prerunnerseth Well-Known Member

This is probably biased to Qualcomm hardware. The Droids all use TI OMAP processors. Specifically says its for testing Qualcomm gpus.
  9. Jedii

Jedii Well-Known Member

That was my thought until my pal at Engadget recommended me to this app. Then I ran it on every phone that I could and the Samsung did much better that the Droid X and Droid 2 (both running the most current OMAP chips). Kind of interesting eh?
  10. prerunnerseth

The samsung is the only one i know of running the latest Qualcomm Hummingbird processor. Makes sense that it would dominate the numbers on a benchmark designed for Qualcomm GPUs. The fact that the droid x does 44 on a benchmark made for different GPU is pretty good IMHO.
  11. w_bovine

w_bovine Well-Known Member

Could be true...certainly wouldn't be the first time a benchmark was biased.
  12. Jedii

Jedii Well-Known Member

Good point. I wonder why the Droid 2 did not fair near as well?
  13. prerunnerseth

Not sure... My scores were consistant with yours. running Rooted deodexed froyo build.
  14. Jedii

Jedii Well-Known Member

I honestly think NeoCore and Quadrant both need an update. Something has to be an error here. Unless im just imaging it.
  15. d1c1ple

d1c1ple Well-Known Member

55.5 stock fascinate :)
  16. jemkey

jemkey New Member

32.3FPS - HTC Hero (FroydVillain 1.5, rooted, FV kernel, o/c to 730)
  17. Big Dog KMc

Big Dog KMc Well-Known Member

Stock Vibrant.
    No Root.
    No Lag Fix.

18. saps

saps Well-Known Member

55.5 Fascinate
  19. VanDums

VanDums Well-Known Member

I just got a Droid 2 a couple weeks ago and I do think there is a bias when my Eris only runs 2fps slower than my Droid 2. At the same time my Eris, rooted with 2.2 and oc'd to 710 had about a 400 quadrant score and my Droid 2 is 1457.
  20. Psyclone

Psyclone Well-Known Member

I believe that you meant to say Qualcomm Snapdragon, the Hummingbird is made by Samsung...

Oh and 55.4 on Samsung Epic running leaked Froyo.
  21. dougiefresh66

dougiefresh66 Member

Hmmm I thought 28.5 was good for my stock brand new ( cuz I got my other one wet ) EVO was good ....guess not ...bummer , it looked good...
    [​IMG]
  22. satanovsyn

satanovsyn New Member

ZTE skate - Skatie ROM by CECO (CECO S2 kernel) - 52.2FPS
  23. marc12868

marc12868 Well-Known Member

58.6 FPS
    HTC Mytouch 4G Slide
    Stock, deodexed, rooted, themed.