spanky23 Member This Topic's Starter

I'm new to this. Where do I get the rom games for the nes emulator app

Advertisement
  2. mcadam

mcadam Well-Known Member

Just google "nes roms"

3. spanky23

Can I download them directly to my droid.

4. Droidood

Droidood Well-Known Member

Only if you get some kind of file management app, but I don't know which ones...

I use ********** and *********** for ROMs. ********** is also a good site.

5. mcadam

mcadam Well-Known Member

Astro File Manager works flawlessly

6. spanky23

If anyone knows of a file management app that would allow me to download nes rom directly to my phone that would be helpful

7. MotoDroidHelpandInfo

MotoDroidHelpandInfo Well-Known Member

Hook up your phone to the computer and mount it. Then make a new folder on the memory card called Roms for example. Then place them there.

8. Droidood

Droidood Well-Known Member

To mount it when connected via USB just slide down the notification bar (top bar) and select the USB tab and confirm it.

I'm not sure how well downloading them directly over the Droid's web browser works but I guess mcadam is saying it's pretty easy.

9. CRPercodani

CRPercodani OFWGKTA VIP Member

I tried it today using a certain site and if they come in a archived file they don't seem to download properly. YMMV.

10. mcadam

mcadam Well-Known Member

When I download .zip files, it asks if I want to open it with Astro File Manager. When I do, Astro shows the .zip as a folder. I can click on the folder and then I'll see the actual .nes file. I can then cut and paste it into my ROMS folder.

11. vincentp

vincentp Well-Known Member

Astro is definitely the best file manager I've used so far in my short time with the Droid.

You can download ROMs from various places, but due to it technically not being legal to possess those ROMs, you can't get them along with the emulator, which itself is a legal piece of software.

12. chris.h

chris.h Well-Known Member

most emulators play roms as zip files. snesoid happens to be one. I've downloaded and played snes roms all from my phone without mounting it to my computer. Only games that I already own of course.

13. spanky23

It works perfect right on the droid. No computer. Just got done playing nba live 95'. A classic

14. dalidrama

dalidrama Member

I am having a slight problem with this emulator. I downloaded the app, added one nes ROM to my droid and it played perfectly (when the app loaded I had to find it in the ROM folder I created).

NEXT DAY - I download a few other roms and put them in my rom folder and the app can't find any. It also seems that my ability to locate them (ability to choose where to look) is gone.

PROBLEM: I load nesoid and it says "no rom loaded. press menu for more options." (menu/option button only gives me load rom option). There are two buttons on the bottom of the screen "load rom" and "search roms." Load roms send me to another screen that says "no files in this folder" without telling me WHAT folder or the option to search another folder. (search roms sends me to a website for downloads).

Any idea what i am doing wrong? Any help would be greatly appreciated.