NESoid Game Emulator

Last Updated:

1. walkerakl

walkerakl Active Member This Topic's Starter

Looking at the NESoid emulator in the app store. Is it worth the $4 price tag? I hear it's a little slow, anyone have problems with this?

Also, is it worth it to get the ROM buddy to download the roms?

Advertisement
  2. Infinite-t

Infinite-t Well-Known Member

Yes! and Yes! I grew up playing NES and SNES, I bought both EMUs and rom buddy. 10 bucks to play any NES/SNEW game I want at anytime? heeell ya!

Um, it has the same lags as all emus do, and even the origional gaming systems back then. When there were a lot of moving objects onscreen, the framerates drop. I dont find this distracting at all. In fact it makes it feel more like it did back then.

There are also gameboy and sega EMUs, and rom buddy has games for those too, I have yet to find a bad rom.

So a short answer to your question. If you have 5 bucks to spend on some games, and you love the oldschool stuff, you cant go wrong with Nesoid and rom budy.

3. walkerakl

I think I'll check it out. I have a PSP, but if I can find a suitable replacement for everything the PSP does well then I'll get rid of it. So far, the captivate has a music player, and a movie player -- all for free no less. So if it can play some sweet nes games -- that'll make me happy.

4. walkerakl

So I downloaded NESoid -- it's a mixed bag. Some of the games look and work flawlessly -- others don't work at all. Super mario 3 is great, paperboy is unplayable. All the houses are made of "zero's". Star force is nice, mike tyson's punch out and regular punch out stall right when glass joe comes at you and it just sits there. Does this happen to everyone else or is it just me? No lag fixes -- stock Captivate here. Might this be the issue? I can deal with a lag here and there, but unplayable games kinda suck. Just wanna make sure I know what I'm getting before the 24 hour refund period ends.

5. Infinite-t

Infinite-t Well-Known Member

Well, I havent played most of the games ou are refering to, but i have played Super Mario 1-3, Zelda 1 &2, Bubble bobble, tetris, castlevania 2, Final Fantasy 1&2, Star Tropics, Bomber Man, TMNT 2, Excite Bike, Mega Mans 1-4, and a handful of others. Maybe you have found some bad ROMs, I havent yet, but you have tried games I have not. You can also download ROMs from the internet from any manner of ROM sites out there, until you find one out there that works right for what you are looking for.

I have been playing EMU roms for YEARS on my PC, and thats the way it is with ROMs many work, some dont. ROM Budy just organizes the ROMs from some online source and makes it easy to just grab one on your phone real quick n easy, but you dont HAVE to use Rom Buddy roms for it to work. Like I said there are tons of them out there, and some are bunk.