• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

NET10 BYOP APN Settings

Verizon Samsung SCH-i535 S3 Unlocked to NET10 Unlimited:

Name: NET10
APN: tfdata
Proxy: Not set
Port: 80
User Name: Not set
Password: Not set
Server: Not set
MMSC: h t t p : / / m m s - t f . n e t (without the spaces)
MMS proxy: mms3.tracfone . c o m (without the spaces)
MMS Port: 80
MCC: 310
MNC: 410

Mod: Please moderate this reply if it violates the post limit rule. Thank you.

My son has been running a pantech burst lte phone for months with just hspa+, then last week with no change in sim card or apn, suddenly he gets lte service. However, he still can not send or receive picture messages.
We can not figure out why. The phone is unlocked and running on att towers.

Upvote 0
Originally Posted by lxm777
Proxy: wireless.cingular.com
Username: Not Set
Password: Not Set
Server: cingulargprs.com
MMSC: mmsc.cingular.com
MMS Proxy: wireless.cingular.com
MMS Port: Not Set
Authentication type: Not Set
APN type: Not Set

This worked for me for my net10 skyrocket. This together with an APN toggle allows me to switch from LTE to HSDPA, because LTE gets lousy phone reception at work.

Upvote 0
Pre-Monday afternoon these settings worked (suggested by Net10 techs and the Net10 Data Settings app in the Play Store):

APN: att.mnvo
Port: Not set
MMSC: h t t p : / mmsc.cingular.c o m (without the spaces)
MMS proxy: 66.209.11.33 (without the spaces)

Monday afternoon my mobile data stopped so after work I called support again. Per the tech:

Port: Not set
MMSC: h t t p : mms-tf.n e t (without the spaces)
MMS proxy: mms3.tracfone. c o m (without the spaces)

Upvote 0
I was told it has to do with both your Zip Code and your Area Code.
Thanks for posting.
Can somebody verify this? If true then there's simply no point in asking for APN settings.
When I asked why my non-LTE GS3 had different settings than my wifes LTE GS3 on the same provider, in the same house I was told they had to be different to get LTE. I took that as gospel until Monday when I was told to change my settings to match my wifes. I guess I'm a little OCD because this lack of logic just makes me crazy.

Upvote 0
Motorola atrix 2 had to get from net 10 but everything works on it

name: NET10
apn: tfdata
proxy: blank
port: blank
username: blank
password: blank
server: blank
mmsc: http://mms-tf.net
mms: mms3.tracephone.com
mms: 80
mcc: 310
mnc: 410
autherntication type: blank
apn type: blank
apn protocol: IPv4
bearer: unspecified

These work on son's pantech burst for lte except that he can send mms/pics but not receive them. It just says " downloading " but then nothing. Either ota or wifi , there is no difference. Any ideas or suggestions?

Upvote 0
I have found in the past that if mms doesn't work quite right it is not always just the apn settings. I would try to use an app like APN manager set as a system app. Back up the APN's with the manager. then delete them entirely. this will give your phone an error message. then restore the apn's from the backup you made. I found this trick when i had service/data issues on my S2 on a custom rom

Upvote 0
Thanks my HTC Inspire is up and running with the mobile web now! PARTAY!
It is april 29 2014 now and mms messages require clicking download on the left. Phone keeps saying download from john smith was unsuccessful. It started two weeks ago. I don't get many picture messages. They didn't work then I went to show a friend how it didn't work, they downloaded! "Of course, it works now," I thought. Anyway that was a couple of days after I should have gotten it. Since then late last week I have been unable to download any of my friend's pictures they send me. None auto retrieve as they should. I have started changing settings but nothing is working so far. My phone is not listed in the drop down menus on Net10's phone list to get settings but even when I put in the android OS it says my phone number does not belong to their BYOP program. Idk who is providing my cell phone service. Internet mobile web and wifi still work just as before but not pictures sending or receiving. :( Just thought I'd update everyone. I'll reply again when I get it working again.

Upvote 0
You need to contact NET10:
http://m.net10byop.com/view/page/p/113869/net10-byop-mobile-home[/QU
Unfortunately, I have, a few times. Though completely unhelpful, they were very nice. But, after walking me through the APN set up, they had no idea. One lady told me it wasn't working because I was charging my phone. After I unplugged it, the reason was my battery wasn't charged enough. Shockingly, once I finished charging it, it still didn't work. ;)

I forgot this part, THANK YOU, I appreciate you taking the the to reply.

Last edited by a moderator:
Upvote 0
MMS Port: Not Set
APN protocol: IPv4
APN roaming protocol: IPv4

All I can say is "Wow! Thank you, thank you, and thank you again!!!" I have been trying to get my Samsung S3 connected to the Net10 data/message network for weeks! No help from Net10 tech support. If your problem doesn't fit what is displayed on the screen in front of those guys, forget about it. I have tried setting after setting after setting and today I thought I would give it one last search and one last effort before I sold the phone at a loss. But alas, here you were with a 2 year old post that worked perfectly. You have made me a happy woman. Forever grateful I gave it one more shot and found this post. Again many thanks...

One minor edit that I see you caught later: do set the MMS Port to 80

Upvote 0
Just got my wife the s3 and switched her to net10 sand have the same issues. I've spent plenty of time on the phone with net10 and everything works except her voicemail and picture messaging. It's a load of crap. I was wanting to do the same but if everything isn't gonna work right then what's the point. I'll stay with virgin mobile were I know everything works and I don't have piss with so many settings.

I don't know if you ever got a solution to your dilemma, but I have had the exact same problem for over a month and finall found the answer here on this forum from lxm777 who posted these APN settings for the Samsung Galaxy S3:

Try this if you're still looking for a fix...

Upvote 0
Same phone and all... does not work. How csn it work for one but not the other... makes no sence.

Try these settings. I have AT&T Net10 service to Samsung Galaxy S3 and after a month of searching and trying, these are the settings that worked:

Upvote 0
Please help !! I have a galaxy Note II; suddenly I cannot receive picture messages but can only receive text. I have called the technical support hotline and it is USELESS. They routinely hang up when I am in the middle of being "helped". . . . .

I have used the settings listed above but no improvement . . . HELP

Tech support states that I needed to change to

Name: Net10
APN: RESELLER
MMSC: http://mmsc.mobile.att.net
MMS PROXY: proxy.mobile.att.net
MMS PORT: 80
MMC: 310

This has NOT HELPED and generally they hang up on me at this point . . . . .

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones