Netflix app available with 1.4.1

1. FyrFytr998

FyrFytr998 Active Member

No sure if anyone noticed, but Netflix is now available for the Nook Color with the current update. No Hulu Plus though.

Interesting. Wish I liked Netflix enough to try it again.

Advertisement
  2. FyrFytr998

FyrFytr998 Active Member

Out of curiosity. Has anyone tried streaming on the NC yet? I notice that some sites playback can be really choppy. Was wondering if the NC packed enough punch to stream vids smoothly.
  3. DoAndroidDream?

DoAndroidDream? Well-Known Member

Video works fine for me but I am not stock.
  4. bobstro

bobstro Well-Known Member

I tried it on 1.4.1 stock last night. Playback using Netflix, HBO and Max Go was adequate. Not exceptional -- everything's a bit pixelated -- but no different than I see running CM.

Same experience as others with Hulu Plus. Doesn't like the device.

I really wish I could get Blockbuster working on it so I could watch movies on the plane!
  5. FyrFytr998

FyrFytr998 Active Member

I figured as much with the pixelation. I wonder if and when they find a SD bootable version for the Tab if it will still be the same with the beefier specs.
  6. tube517

tube517 Well-Known Member

Mine is rooted and the streaming is good. No pixelation. Watched 2 movies w/no issues
  7. nightelvesreasy

nightelvesreasy Well-Known Member

i watch netflix on mine all the time, even on poor wireless at work, its pixelated for say the first 5 minutes, not really bad but watchable, then gets better, granted its not HD quality, but its good enough in my opinion
  8. bobstro

bobstro Well-Known Member

Just to clarify: I see a bit of pixelation, but Netflix on a rooted NC running 1.4.1 is very watchable. The pixelation is minor, and not always present. This thing will never look as good as a 55 inch TV with a Blueray player, but it's great when nothing better is available.