Netflix app?

1. watersrules

watersrules Well-Known Member

I know it just hit the market for a few snapdragon-chip phones today, so its probably early to think about it or speculate.... but, does anyone think this will be a possibility on our g-Tablets with some dev help down the road?

Advertisement
  2. xmr405o

xmr405o Well-Known Member

I wouldn't doubt the devs at this point. haha. I wonder if someone pulled the APK already. Is it a free app?
  3. watersrules

it is free, and haven't found a pulled apk yet
  4. watersrules

Found it.. doesn't work, same message as the leaked apk from March: "Netflix is not supported on this device. Please check the Netflix website for a list of supported devices." Running VEGAn-Tab GingerEdition Stable RC1

Official Netflix apk - xda-developers
  5. xmr405o

Awww darn. I'm sure someone will make it work. I give it 1 week.
  6. xmr405o

7. mshell56118

mshell56118 New Member

watersrules and parson33 like this.
  8. watersrules

Yeah stumbled on this on XDA after all of those previous posts.. I'm going to sit back and wait on the devs so I don't have to mess with the build.. its a shame so far CM7 seems to be the only rom really working, as I like how VEGAn's ginger build is working for me
  9. brad08stanggt

brad08stanggt Active Member

i believe that only works on gingerbread roms and not froyo......

if there is froyo support i will be trying and I will repost the results in the next few days.
  10. kimkgk

kimkgk Well-Known Member

I know this is an older post but any luck with Netflix on froyo?
  11. brad08stanggt

right now looks like it only works on Gingerbreak.

does not work on Froyo based roms.
    kimkgk likes this.
  12. watersrules

I got it to work on my OG Droid, but haven't had a chance to mess with the gTablet.. once I have a chance I'll probably mess with it..
  13. kevinbakon

kevinbakon Well-Known Member

I found a copy at blackdroid that is supposed to be a "for Unsupported Devices" version, but I couldn't get it to work on my gtablet
    :(
  14. watersrules

Yeah, so far it seems that unless we want to jump to CM7 (if you aren't already using it), we must be patient for the other dev's to go to work... or for Netflix to stop being ridiculous. There is no reason we should have to tweak our current devices to work the app.
  15. xmr405o

16. brad08stanggt

xmr405o likes this.
  17. brad08stanggt

hey all , been busy with work but I am hoping that I can try this out later today or tomorrow.
  18. brad08stanggt

hey guys, i had a few min to try the above netflix fix.

I can confirm it works but its honestly TERRIBLE. But roebeet had already listed the issues in his "caveats" section.

First, as expected, it broke the youtube app. Unable to play videos at all after the fix.

Second, there are serious color banding and quality issues.

Third, the app wont rotate when in the video selection/queue manager. You are forced to use portrait view which is terrible. The video though does work in landscape.

Ahhh I guess I am still waiting for the Honeycomb source to be released and some good video driver support. Restored to the way it was for now.
  19. SolidOrange

SolidOrange Well-Known Member

It works great on CM 7.0.3, to get around the rotation issue, install LCD density changer from the market and set it to 140 (or lower). This gave me landscape menus and individual episode selection. It WILL break the "my apps" section of the market but you can easily switch back to stock 161 density to get your updates.
  20. SolidOrange

SolidOrange Well-Known Member

Also, if you have having choppy/low quality issues, just drag the time slider back to the beginning after about 10 seconds. Clears it up every time for me.
    FatDog and Droid_Junky like this.