• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Netflix Canada ready Bluray Player - Show me!

melll

Android Enthusiast
Aug 21, 2010
Toronto Ontario
Any Canadians have a Bluray Player (none PS3) that plays Netflix and that can read movies off an NTFS hard drive with h.264, mkv, divx, xvid etc playback?

Cant seem to find one. Netflix just got released in Canada, and want a nice Bluray Player that works well with Netflix Canada.

So hard to find this.

Good luck with the h.264, mkv, divx, xvid playback on a Blu Ray player. When my uncle bought his (about 6 months ago, and NOT a cheapie), I assumed it would be able to read codecs, but nope. Not at all.

I think you can buy a PS3 though, and Canadians are using them atm for netflix IIRC. They will play xvid/divx great, but no support for h.264/mkv that I know of. To get that on the PS3, you would have to stream from PC and have the PC do conversion on the fly (this does not work so well based on my experiments, but that was about 1 and a half years ago)..

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones