1. 2015 is going to be a great year for Android! Why wait??
    Samsung Galaxy Note 5 | Samsung Galaxy S6 | HTC One M9
  2. New Forum Created: Samsung Gear VR!

Netflix Official App is in the Market

1. zandroidx

zandroidx Well-Known Member

I've been using the hacked version, but I see that there is now an official release in the market, and it works!

Advertisement
    :
    apavolka and mruno like this.
  2. MutantCheese

MutantCheese Well-Known Member

yep. Just tried it.
  3. nycebo

nycebo Well-Known Member

Seconded. The problem with it is that the interface is pretty bland. It streams well on a rooted Gingerbread DX, but it's not a particularly good queue manager at all. For the latter, I still have to use NetQ. I'm happy to have official streaming Netflix (had it via PlayOn before) but it'd be nice if they'd both release it for my Xoom AND improve the interface a lot.
  4. dlaxman31

dlaxman31 Well-Known Member

I dl'd it the other day and it performs pretty well. Watched 60% of takers with very little problem and I'm running stock GB.
  5. Foster6565

Foster6565 Well-Known Member

Ya pretty excited they finally put it on one of the phones that deserves it!
  6. not2shabby

not2shabby Well-Known Member

Does it work on a rooted X running Froyo?
  7. bouchigo

bouchigo Well-Known Member

No, I'm pretty sure I remember it said in the release notes that it worked on the X's that are on 2.3.3 (GB) only.
  8. Steven58

Steven58 Reformed PH VIP Member

Downloading it now! Does this mean I don't need the blockbuster app anymore??? :p

Wow! It actually works! I don't need my er..uh..... downloaded?? movies anymore! :p
  9. Lars

Lars Well-Known Member

Works fine on froyo. Always has.
  10. bouchigo

The one from the Market?
  11. Lars

Lars Well-Known Member

The one from market works and the app has always worked for the x except for the safety block they put in prior to testing it on the x.
  12. bouchigo

I know the hacked app/pre Market release app worked on the X.

I'm just wondering about the current app in the Market now, it works with no tweaks/hacks on Froyo?
  13. Sarnow

Sarnow Well-Known Member

Haven't tried it on froyo, haven't tested it yet. going to put apex on my phone so I might test it since I will have to set my phone up anyways.
  14. dimitri407

dimitri407 Well-Known Member

Great to hear that the offical release works on the DX but I would love to see it on my Xoom too. Do we still need Real HDMI to stream it to a TV?