Netflix on the OptimusSupport

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Last Updated:

1. nightspd

nightspd Well-Known Member

So has anyone tried the Netflix app that was leaked and is floating around out there? I'll just say, very interesting.

Advertisement
  2. untalented893

untalented893 Well-Known Member

Does it even work? I was led to believe it doesn't work
  3. nightspd

nightspd Well-Known Member

It does everything but stream, which is not unexpected since its not official yet. Promising though as it appears to not have any device restrictions (yet). Since tv.com streams over wifi (and rather well I might add) we know it'll work, but it's up to Netflix whether they'll allow it (since Virgin can limit it to queue management and only allow you to stream over wifi). Before they blocked it, others reported successful streaming on other devices. This along with Hulu will make phones like the Optimus fantastic alternatives to the $49 iPhone which not only works for both, but according to specs i've read, also has a 600mhz processor like the Optimus. Personally, I have no desire to be one of the countless Apple zombies out there on their iPhones thinking they're better than me... which is why I had to go Android.

Now, we wait and see...
  4. untalented893

untalented893 Well-Known Member

Yeah, seems pointless to me without streaming, but that's just me...
  5. izzylizzy

izzylizzy Member

unless it allows me to instantly stream my tv shows no thanks
  6. lou61166

lou61166 Well-Known Member

This is a waste seeing it only works right with Wifi,and most of the time the only place to free dependable wifi is in your home,where, why would i watch a movie on a non HD 3 inch screen when i have a 47 inch HD LCD TV to view video on.
  7. kc3

kc3 Well-Known Member

My fiance has the iphone 3g, not the 3gs and the stock iphone 3g, which she has-has a 620Mhz processor underclocked to 412Mhz and it runs Netflix and Hulu Plus no problem. The issue is not will it work, Netflix would work no problem, the problem is the crappy DRM software not being compatible with most android phone processors. Netflix itself would run fine but it's the security software preventing piracy that has all the problems.
  8. tzzoooma

tzzoooma Member

It's a little difficult to lug that 47 incher into the crapper.
  9. mkbkr1

mkbkr1 Well-Known Member

That's what the pause button is for.
  10. greg4android

greg4android Well-Known Member

Watching NetFlix on a 3.2 screen seems pointless to start with . . . .

11. greg4android

greg4android Well-Known Member

I'd say you got some issues if you can't delay watching a movie long enough for you to take a shit.....

Originally Posted by lou61166 [​IMG]
    This is a waste seeing it only works right with Wifi,and most of the time the only place to free dependable wifi is in your home,where, why would i watch a movie on a non HD 3 inch screen when i have a 47 inch HD LCD TV to view video on.
  12. kc3

kc3 Well-Known Member

I would love Netflix though for the down times at work, my boss has it on his Windows Phone 7 phone and it runs perfect over 3g :(
  13. izzylizzy

izzylizzy Member

i dont mind watching tv on tiny screens. its only me viewing the content so on the go if it accepted 3g it would be great. I'm too chicken to tether or I'd watch netflix on my laptop using my phone as a hotspot when im out and about. i was also planning a lengthy road trip and i like watching old episodes of scrubs to pass the time and would not be bummed out by the small screen since i watch youtube on it which doesn't bother my eyes. also i dont have an hd tv or a wii/ps3 to watch it on my old school tv anyways.
  14. agianne

agianne Well-Known Member

Or on an airplane, airport or coffee shop. Being able to stream Netflix while I'm traveling would be great.
  15. Kelemvor

Kelemvor Well-Known Member

Is there a reason it's not supported on the Optimus S or V? I know it's a slower phone but I can stream other videos without any problems.

I just signed up for the Netflix trial and was surprised I couldn't get the app.
  16. Slug

Slug Check six! Moderator

The info here has been superceded by that in this topic.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.