Netflix Won't Play

Last Updated: 2011-07-18 02:37:39
  1. Zumaki

Zumaki Well-Known Member

I have the newest version of the app from the market. Loads up fine, lets me log in and see my queue. But when I try to watch something, it keeps dropping back to the queue after it finishes buffering. Tried reinstalling 3x now, no luck.

Help.

I run stock rooted 2.3, got it the week the update came out.

Advertisement
  2. ocnbrze

ocnbrze DON'T PANIC!!!!!!!!! Moderator

how is your signal strength? have you tried it on wifi? which software version are you on?
  3. Zumaki

Zumaki Well-Known Member

It's whatever version the market has, and I've tried it on all kinds of signals and wifi.

Every time, it loads the video, I get a flash of the video, and then it drops back to the queue.
  4. ocnbrze

what software version do you have? if you have 4.22 try and update it to 4.24. htc released a maintenance ota to help fix issues among others, netflix
  5. tube517

tube517 Well-Known Member Contributor

Is your Flash updated?
  6. Zumaki

Zumaki Well-Known Member

Netflix 1.2.2, flash 10.3, no avail updates according to"check for updates" or "htc software update."

Running 2.3.3 gingerbread. Software number 4.22.651.2
  7. ocnbrze

try wiping dalvik cache and cache. anytime i get bugs, error, and glitches and such that usually helps. also you may want to flash the 4.24 update. it has the netflix fix included.
  8. frenchy714

frenchy714 Well-Known Member

You can always flash a ROM that's already updated to the 4.24 build.
  9. ocnbrze

ooops i meant rom not update. thanx do not do or accept the ota. you can just flash the rom that frenchy mentioned.
  10. lesawag

lesawag Well-Known Member

I'm having the exact issue as well. It worked a week or so ago, but now starts to play and flashes back to movie selection. How do I find the update for adobe flash player? Looks like I have older version. Thanks
    I deleted the old version and the newer version will not install from the market...odd
  11. Zumaki

Zumaki Well-Known Member

Any of you fine fellow posters willing to do me the huge favor of linking me to, say, the xda page that has a 'stock root' 4.24 update? That, or I'd be interested in a vanilla Gingerbread ROM if it won't wipe my apps/settings. Sense is kinda getting old.

I would click the hell out of the Thank button if someone can link me :)
  12. ocnbrze

Zumaki likes this.
  13. Zumaki

Zumaki Well-Known Member

I haven't had a lot of time to lurk the boards here lately (that's why I asked for a link rather than looking myself), so I didn't even know there was a board for ROMs. But thank you!

/vows to lurk moar

Update: Not only is Netflix working now that I re-flashed, I also got voice search working! Thank you again!