• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Netflix WORKS on the Optimus V!!!!

Guys theres a better option instead of changing the build.prop
Grab the device check diasabled one from this forum..
Make sure you are using a non-stock browser to download it though.

Link:
[APP]Official Netflix (new device check disabled) - xda-developers

Thanks for this! I was still hesitant to root my phone, although if it got Netflix to stream, I might have been willing to give it a go.

Now I don't have to. Just installed the device check disabled version (downloaded it on my pc to dropbox, then just installed it from there onto my phone), started the app, logged in, and immediately started streaming the Doctor Who ep "Blink" (LOVE those Weeping Angels! :D).

Works great! Yeah, I'm seeing a narrow green bar across the top (if anyone finds a fix for that, please advise), but it's sure not a deal breaker!

Sweet! I've got a list of instant viewing choices a mile long that I'm the only one who wants to see, now I can check them out at lunchtime! :cool:

Thanks again for a solution that works for non-rooted phones. I was SO disappointed to find that the newly released official Netflix app did NOT work with the Optimus V, and now I'm a happy camper again!

Upvote 0
My Optimus V is stock, Downloaded the "device check disabled" apk from xda above, and the netflix app force closes immediately whenever it is run. Is anyone not suffering this problem? Did the "mod-2" fix it?

Ok, the "mod-2" did let the app run, but it won't stream just as the xda threat says it won't. "Sorry we could not reach the Netflix service. Please try again later. If the problem persists please visit netflix.com. (1005)"

Upvote 0
My Optimus V is stock, Downloaded the "device check disabled" apk from xda above, and the netflix app force closes immediately whenever it is run. Is anyone not suffering this problem? Did the "mod-2" fix it?

Ok, the "mod-2" did let the app run, but it won't stream just as the xda threat says it won't. "Sorry we could not reach the Netflix service. Please try again later. If the problem persists please visit netflix.com. (1005)"

I'm not sure why you are having this issue, I installed and off I went streaming movies.

Upvote 0
Upvote 0
doesnt work for me...and i followed the instructions, and even triple checked them

edit: download the app from android market and it works! although i do have a nasty green bar on the top of the screen now, and the color is off (kinda like watching a 3d movie without the glasses). anyone else with this issue?

I've got that too, I'm running the hacked APK not a rooted phone. Hopefully they will release a general distribution app.

Upvote 0

Mine was very memory sensitive, it won't install or run without free memory. Of course that's never a problem on the Optimus . . . note dripping sarcasm!

Upvote 0
The only current fix for the green line is to use the asopCM7 ROM.

And since I don't know exactly what that is (it sounds "root"y, lol, and while I'm a big tinkerer when it comes to my PC, still trying to avoid that until my phone isn't quite so new), I'm guessing the wise thing would be to just live with the green line for now? :) Especially I barely even notice it while I'm watching something?

Reactions: furioussun
Upvote 0
I downloaded an apk from the xda developers forum which has disabled device checking, and it works on my lg optimus v. I didn't get the link, sorry, but a quick search will find it for you. And I'm not rooted either. Heeeeheeeeheeee, I'm just giddy now!
Oh, make sure you have room for it, file size is about 20mb, but you can move it to sd after install.

Reactions: furioussun
Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones