• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

klwheat

Jun 23, 2010
Okay...so I read that hulu is blocked on our phones, and someone said to try netflix instead. Well, I have a netflix account and it sounded like a great way to stream something for the kids when we're stuck waiting.
But...NO IT DOESN'T WORK! UGGHH!!!
Am I missing something? Has anyone gotten either of these to stream on their droid?
I'm rooted and running BB v0.4 if that makes any difference. TIA for any help!

Are you using the phone flicks app?
Never heard of it? Is it available in the market?

I use the Dolphin Browser and have the agent set to desk top. It allows me view Hulu with no problem. I can not view netflix but hula works fine.
Sounds great. I use the dolphin browser HD. Where do I set to desktop? I'm scrolling through all the settings that I can find right now...but don't see anything like that.

Upvote 0
Never heard of it? Is it available in the market?

Yes, but only for queue management - I installed it and it does not offer any *viewing* - yet.

I have a feeling that when NetFlix gets their client written up it will probably offer limited viewing at first.

Can you watch HD videos on the Moto Droid?

Yes.

Upvote 0
okay...finally found the "desktop" setting for dolphin browser...still no luck with netflix. I'll have to try hulu on lunch when I can get out of this concrete/lead box I call work...lol

You will not get netflix to work on your phone until they release an app. Netflix requires you to download a plugin that cannot be installed on the Android system.

Kratos

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones