Netgear Rangemax Wireless Access Point

Last Updated:

1. ianofaraby

ianofaraby Member This Topic's Starter

Hi guys. I am trying to connect my desire to a Netgear Rangemax Wireless Access Point WPN802 v2. This is on an independent network where I work. Basically I am trying to look smart by controlling machinery using a VNC app on the phone.

I have full access rights to the netgear, the desire picks can see it, but when I try and connect it just says obtaining IP address unsuccessful. I have tried manually setting a static IP address in the phone to match the network, but just the same result.

I am starting to question whether the phone just wont connect or I am not set right. What makes matters worse is my mates Iphone hooks up to the network almost straight away with no real fiddling of settings.

Any ideas.

Advertisement
  2. speedycolzalez

speedycolzalez Well-Known Member

Does the phone connect to other wireless networks OK? If so the one in question may be locked down by MAC address. If not, maybe its run out of free IPs to allocate !

3. ianofaraby

ianofaraby Member This Topic's Starter

Thanks for the advice. I have now got it to connect to the network. I had to fill in all the IP addresses on the static IP page including DNS 1 and 2.

Now to find a suitable app to view the HMI.