Network 3G issues

Last Updated:

1. EAK128

EAK128 Well-Known Member This Topic's Starter

I started having these issues after rooting to DM1.0. Basically it's very inconsistent and most of the time it's at 300 to 400 kbps for downloads, but I was getting around 1200 to 1400 before. I have updated my prl before and after rooting. I did unroot also, but the speed didn't go back to what it was, so it might not even be cause of the root? I don't know what else I could try. Any ideas?

Advertisement
  2. Fabolous

Fabolous Superuser VIP Member

Your speeds are going to vary depending on how much stress the network is under when you're accessing it.

For example, throughout the day, I get maybe 1000-1200 kbps. Late at night, I see that go up to 1600-1800 kbps.

Now I don't know why your results changed so drastically. It could be because of an outage in your area or something. What I can tell you is that no ROM touches the radio, and they should have no effect on your network speeds.

3. EAK128

EAK128 Well-Known Member This Topic's Starter

Thanks Fabolous. The only thing is I tried my sister's droid, which is not rooted, and side by side she would get better speeds then me, so I'm thinking it's not the tower or outage issue. You think it might be an app causing issues like this, if DM1.0 is not the cause.

4. potatolover1102

potatolover1102 Well-Known Member

I personally just did the same rooting process and got the same 3g reduction result. That was the main reason I un-rooted it is because of how it messed up my signal and dl speed plummeted. It took a day or so but now I am back to full bars and full speed. I would wait a while and then reassess but I just wanted to let you know you are not alone on this :)!