network busy error when making callsSupport

Last Updated:

1. mike95465

mike95465 Member This Topic's Starter

Does anyone else have this problem?
    When trying to make a phone call nothing happens for about a minute then a message pops up saying network busy try again later. It happens overtime I am in this area of about 90 miles!

I have full 3g bars.
    Under -80 db signal
    Can receive phone calls fine.
    Can use the internet fine.
    Tried reboot.
    Tried prl update.
    Tried factory reset.
    Tried downgrading to stock 2.1
    Had Verizon send me a new phone. fixed the issue for about a week then came back.
    Verizon has not heard of this problem.
    Other Verizon people even with an incredible doesn't have this problem.
    Seems to be getting worse. It used to only happen in the Toledo Ohio area. Now it doesn't work for most of the Ohio area.

I don't even know what to try next. Please help...

Advertisement
  2. irishjoeyo

irishjoeyo Well-Known Member

That is a very strange problem. I was in Toledo in May with my Incredible and outgoing phone calls worked fine. The only thing I can think of is that somehow something needs to be changed in the EPST settings. I would call Verizon technical support and have them walk you through checking those settings to make sure that they are correct.

3. JohnC999

JohnC999 Member

I used to have this problem in one particular area with my old LG phone. Try shutting off the phone and turning it back on. It worked for me then. I haven't had this problem with the Incredible.

4. mike95465

mike95465 Member This Topic's Starter

Talked to Verizon tech support. Tried the usual, reboot phone, check epst, prl update, factory reset. Nothing worked.

They said at the beginning of the session that they do not have any issues in my area.

By the end of the session after they couldn't find the problem, that a lot of people have been complaining about this in the area and since it was a network problem that they could not do anything.
    Just wait until they can fix the issue on their end.
    I guess I just can't call anyone while driving in the 90 mile stretch of road until then.
    Thanks verizon, your the best. I'm glad I switched to your shit service from ATT. At least I could make phone calls everywhere I wanted with them.

5. irishjoeyo

irishjoeyo Well-Known Member

That sounds like a load of hooey. I'm sorry that you're experiencing this.

6. djskeye

djskeye New Member

im having the same problem