• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help Network/Carrier compatibility?

According to Cat Phones and Bullitt they only produce this phone currently as an unlocked GSM version. However, one gentleman on their Facebook page claimed that he has this phone working for him on Sprint. I understand the general differences between GSM and CDMA, so I can't imagine this being possible unless there is a characteristic of this phone that I'm missing such as the LTE bands.

I'm highly interested in this phone, but I've also been with Sprint since I was given my first cell phone over fifteen years ago. If the Cat S60 doesn't work with Sprint then I'll have to make the tough decision of whether or not to switch to AT&T in order to finally get a new phone which interests me.

I'd appreciate any answers as to whether there is any possibility that this phone does in fact work with Sprint somehow. Thanks.

Cat S60 doesn't have CDMA modes, so therefore it's not going to work with Sprint, or any other CDMA networks.
So this is only partially true...

Yes the phone "can" work on sprint. But only on the LTE bands. It will not work for standard 2g/3g so in other words no talk. I don't know if it supports all of the bands or not for lte even as I did not look, but it can work just fine for internet only. However I am unsure it Sprint would have the ESN whitelisted to work or not.

Reactions: mikedt
Upvote 0
So this is only partially true...

Yes the phone "can" work on sprint. But only on the LTE bands. It will not work for standard 2g/3g so in other words no talk. I don't know if it supports all of the bands or not for lte even as I did not look, but it can work just fine for internet only. However I am unsure it Sprint would have the ESN whitelisted to work or not.
The IMEI has to be registered and activated on Sprint doesn't it. The S60 is not on their BYOD approved and compatible devices list. Good luck with that I think. And given it wouldn't do phone calls. So I don't think it's even worth trying is it?

Last edited:
Upvote 0
The IMEI has to be registered and activated on Sprint doesn't it. The S60 is not on their BYOD approved and compatible devices list. Good luck with that I think. And given it wouldn't do phone calls. So I don't think it's even worth trying is it?
Correct, that is what I meant when I said ESN is whitelisted. He most likely knows somebody that was able to input it for him... I would say it is most likely not worth it. I don't know anyone around me that uses Sprint to even test their sim card in mine.

Reactions: mikedt
Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones