network Connection ErrorSupport

Last Updated:

1. simplyandyg

simplyandyg New Member This Topic's Starter

Hey guys,

I was just wondering if any one is currently, or has in the past, had connection issues with their g1. I believe I read there was an issue when RC29 came out, but I'm not totally sure. Anyways, here is my problem. I am running a rooted and unlocked g1 with dwangs 1.6 on it. I have AT&T so I only have edge as well. I've noticed that I started getting a lot of "Network Connection Errors" a few days ago. I'm pretty sure it started before I rooted, but it seems to be worse now. I upgraded to 2.1, and then downgraded again in the past two or three days. My downloads from the Market are constantly stopping and being unbelievably slow (yes, I know EDGE is slow, but they are significantly slower than normal). When trying to search the market, and/or use apps that access the network I'm constantly having to click retry to gain a good network connection. Hopefully you guys have some insight. Thanks!

[edit] I read here: http://androidforums.com/samsung-moment/24519-lost-network-connection.html that Beautiful Widgets seems to cause issues, but that seems to have been a while ago. So, I don't think that it would still be doing this, but I could be wrong. So maybe this is my problem? I'll try uninstalling and see if it helps.

[edit 2] Okay, uninstalling Beautiful Widgets didn't help. My connection still sucks.
    Now, I'm under the assumption that my installation of Dwang's did work, but how would I be able to tell? Does he have a custom Android screen after the G1 splash? Because if so then maybe my connection so shitty because I'm still running the Generic G1 dev ROM? Here is the info from Settings->About Phone:
    Model Number: Android Dev Phone 1
    Firmware Version: 1.6
    Baseband Version: 62.50S.20.17H_2.22.19.26I
    Kernel version: 2.6.29-00479-g3c7df37 android-build@apa26 #19
    Build Number: dream_devphone-userdebug 1.6 DRD36 11745 test-keys

Also, connection is fine when using Wi-Fi. It only sucks when I am running on EDGE.

Advertisement