"network error"Support

Last Updated:

1. bytheriver

bytheriver Well-Known Member This Topic's Starter

Has anyone else been getting the "network error" message while in the marketplace? I usually hit retry and it comes right up, but what gives? I have seen it more and more with this phone...

Advertisement
  2. Pekkle

Pekkle Member

You are not alone. Two of my phones does that. I don't have that issue with any other android phones except this one. No solutions for this as far as I can tell. Was going to use wifi instead, but the signal sucks so bad I went back to 3g only.everything about this phone is weak. Wifi, signal and even bluetooth sucked bad.

3. bytheriver

bytheriver Well-Known Member This Topic's Starter

yes, I've had the Eris and Incredible, never had that issue with either of them..

4. saps

saps Well-Known Member

I think I've seen that once or twice. I think it might have something to do with the strength of the 3G signal or lack thereof; not certain

5. fluffyfrogg

fluffyfrogg Member

I had this problem too. Actually, I had many problems with my fascinate. The screen ended up flashing and a bunch of colored lines showed up leaving it unusable... Took it back and exchanged it for another one. No problems with it whatsoever. Not even the network error. :)

6. Irish2Ice

Irish2Ice New Member

Had this happen to my wife's Fascinate. I created a Google account/email and made sure under "Settings"/Accounts and sync that BOTH "Background data" and "Auto-sync" were checked.

problem solved.

7. kenyu73

kenyu73 Well-Known Member

I'm using WiFi and the Market sucks. I go to "Downloads" and I keep getting network errors. Seems to work ok after initial reboot, but then it stinks again.

It seems to work better in 3G when it's a good signal, but at home that is just as bad.

8. burningembers

burningembers Well-Known Member

Marketplace has been slow for me the last couple days, but it seems equally as slow on my Incredible under the same conditions so I don't think it is just the Fascinate?