Network Question (UK)General

1. womb raider

womb raider Well-Known Member

Quick question guys.

For the last couple of days I've been getting 2g speeds (if that) at home, so i called Vodafone and one of the things they got me to try was to select a different network (in the Mobile networks section in Settings), then dismiss the error message and re-select Vodafone, which I did.

However since doing that, every time I'm in an area with no signal (which is often, as there's barely any signal where I work), I get a little warning triangle in the notification bar, which (when pulled down) tells me that my selected network is unavailable.

This obviously disappears as soon as I get signal back, but it's still pretty annoying and has never been an issue before.

Is there any way to get rid of this?

Screenshot attached. I know it's showing that I have 2 bars of signal, but like I said on another thread, I think the Note 2's reception indicator is inaccurate - I had no signal when I took this screenshot, hence the warning indicator.

Attached Files:

Advertisement
  2. anandv76

anandv76 Well-Known Member

Yes, I get that too! And that is because it shows that there is another network the phone is seeing and its signal strength is 2 bars. But the exclamation mark suggests that the network you had selected isnt available. Hope my explanation makes sense...
    womb raider likes this.
  3. womb raider

womb raider Well-Known Member

Do you mean that my selected network (Vodafone) is unavailable, but it's found another network which has 2 bars worth of signal?

Have you found a way to stop it doing this?