• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Network Settings to select UMTS bands

Hi guys,

This is my 1st time on forums and I am a new customer of SE Xperia x10i. Need some help :)

I got 3G activated SIM with this mobile. Problem is, sometimes while using internet on this mobile, the 3G gets automatically switched to 2G which totally kills my internet speed. Regardless of the signals or location, the 3G or 2G keeps switching in between. Whenever I see 3G symbol on status bar of my mobile, the internet speed is Godlike and whenever the 3G symbol from status bar goes off and the "E" with upload and download arrows comes there, the speed becomes Nooblike and shitty!...like 2 kbps or 4 kbps. (As per my knowledge, E over the UP and down arrows on Notification Bar represents 2G and sad speed GPRS internet. And the 3G with arrow symbols on Notification Bar represents active internet with ultra speed of 3G.

I spoke with my service provider regarding it, I was told to select UMTS from "Network Type" settings. But, there is no such thing in Networks. All I can see is 1.GSM 2.WCDMA and 3.GSM / WCDMA under the Mobile Networks settings. There is no window or menu that shows anything to prevent this internet speed switching between 2G and 3G. I want to only keep 3G always ON for better internet speed on my mobile.

Is it because of my outdated Android OS version of XPERIA X10i or problem with my piece or problem from my mobile service provider?

Please tell me what can be done. If possible, send me the solution of babbu20088@rediffmail.com :)

Thanks.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones