Network Types with Nexus 4General

1. pendetim

pendetim Active Member

Hi All,
    A very dumb question from a new Nexus 4 user. Since I am sure there have been a lot more experienced and daring folks looking at and hacking this device, I must really be dreaming or missing the big elephant in the room

I was playing in the system menu, the one accessible with the *# sequence, and was looking at the radio section in particular.

Under this section there were listings and radio buttons for HSPA, GSM, LTE, CDMA and CDMA w/PRL among others.

I was under the impression that this phone would not support LTE or CDMA, however these options were there. Being a new phone, I did not try changing anything, as I want to wait at least a week or two before I brick it... LOL.

So what is the story? Will it this beast support CDMA, and then logically the question: Verizon? I know the popular culture says "no!".

Tim

Advertisement
  2. NeXuS4

NeXuS4 Well-Known Member

LTE band 4(aws) is supported but only by T-Mobile and a little AT&T.

No CDMA though.
  3. pendetim

pendetim Active Member

Thanks, understand now about the LTE frequencies not matching up with all the carriers.

What is the story on CDMA? It is listed as available in the service menu, what is it used for?
  4. NeXuS4

NeXuS4 Well-Known Member

It's listed but keep in mind that enabling that option will only tell the nexus to get on CDMA if it's available and it's able to. That list was not made for this phone. This is stock android so Google obviously wants to include that option for Sprint and Verizon phones that run jellybean or will run it in the future.