1. Tablet future looks bright! Read more about: Alcatel Xess | Samsung Galaxy View
    New Forums: Alcatel Xess | Samsung Galaxy View
    Dismiss Notice

Network vision & LTE rollout

Last Updated:

1. Rush

Rush {<>}~{<>}

New York City...awesome Sprint Wimax 4G coverage all round. &#12484;

Advertisement
  2. damewolf13

damewolf13 live~laugh~love VIP Member

Tucson AZ- no 4G coverage at all here.
  3. BenChase7

BenChase7 VIP Member VIP Member

I thought theses maps that S4GRU produced were pretty good. These maps show the sites that are scheduled to be upgraded in June alone. I guess the reason I was impressed was the fact that there are approximately the same number of sites scheduled to be upgraded this month alone as were done in the first 5 months. Obviously things are really starting to accelerate.
    Sprint LTE June 2012 Schedule Maps - Sprint 4G Rollout Updates
    dan330 likes this.
  4. dan330

dan330 Well-Known Member

can anyone .. confirm in Dallas Ft Worth area???

is LTE up? and has it affected the 3G speeds yet? better coverage and speeds on 3G?

same with wimax? they said it would also improve wimax.
  5. BenChase7

I'm pretty sure they are done with WiMax.. both expansion and improvements. Everything going forward will be 4G LTE, at least thats my understanding from all I've read. Most of the new equipment (LTE) on the towers are being "blocked" as of right now.
    3vodroid likes this.
  6. dan330

dan330 Well-Known Member

yes.. i know that wimax is not being expanding or added ... will shut down in 2 yrs.

but.. i have read that the new Vision upgrade would benefit all sprint networks tech.. including wimax. pertaining to coverage area and speed. so where they have current wimax coverage.. there will be less holes.
  7. BenChase7

Yes, Network Vision will improve all aspects of Sprint's network. Network Vision primarily deals with upgrading Sprints 3G and 4G LTE network. It will have no effect on WiMax, as that is technically Clear's network.
  8. KitsapAndroid

KitsapAndroid Well-Known Member

Port Orchard, WA. Very spotty 4G service. The Cities around me are the same way as well. Even when I go to Seattle I find that the 4G coverage isn't the greatest, but still more functional then when I'm at home. However, when I do have it, damn do I LOVE it. :)
  9. amazin1988

amazin1988 Well-Known Member

Does anyone have an idea when 4g will start launching
  10. BigPapas

BigPapas New Member

Frustrated about San Antonio not having LTE yet! Anxiously waiting....
    I follow Inside Sprint Now wordpress webpage for updates.

Can't post links yet, but google "insidesprintnow wordpress" and this "insider" has been offering great news and updates on everything Sprint. :D

Cheers.
  11. Rxpert83

Rxpert83 Dr. Feelgood Moderator

Sprints official word is still midsummer... And that's only for the first markets. I should be seeing it sometime in November for Minneapolis
  12. I can't wait for 4g Detroit never got the old Wimax. Hopefully lte will here soon.
  13. amazin1988

I'm in miami n I'm shocked that they don't have it is yet cause I know this phone on 4g will be amazing
  14. amazin1988

Does anyone know when they wil officially let us know when and what markets will launch 4g ????
  15. EarlyMon

EarlyMon The PearlyMon Moderator

Yes, please look up a few posts on your moved thread for details from s4gru.com :)
    Doomstang, BenChase7 and marctronixx like this.
  16. tyban

tyban Well-Known Member

Praying San Diego gets it before the end of the year.
  17. BenChase7

18. BenChase7

Also, Sprints website has been "under construction" all day.. I cant help but wonder if this has to do with LTE updates/coverage info. Here's hoping!
  19. Doomstang

Doomstang Well-Known Member

His site was shutdown today after Sprint threatened wordpress. He is working to move to a private server right now.
  20. sikclown

sikclown Well-Known Member

That stinks!
  21. twospirits

twospirits AF's janitor Moderator

That does stink.
  22. vw-porsche

vw-porsche Member

Pretty decent coverage around central Orange county, CA. Excellent coverage in Tustin. I also get spotty coverage at work at the 15 and 60 interchange in Mira Loma. It seems to be a fringe area between two towers at work.

rob
  23. Erniee

Erniee New Member

I was told by an account manager 2 weeks ago and a customer service rep that LTE will go live on 07/25/12 in Los Angeles.

Chat from today.

Customer: Hi, I was told by a Sprint account manager that 4g LTE would launch at the end of July 2012. Can this be confirmed? My contract is up and this will help me decide to stay with Sprint.

Casey S: Let me check this for you.

Customer: thank you...he said around 07/26/12 it would go live in the Los Angeles area

Casey S: One moment please.

Casey S: Please confirm me your area zip code.

Customer: 91342 & 91355

Customer: the second is my work zip code

Casey S: The expected time to upgrade the tower in your area to 4G LTE is 07/25/2012 19:00:00 CST .

Customer: do you mean the first area code of 91342? Will be active then? What about 91355?

Casey S: I am sorry there is no update about your work area zip code.

Casey S: However your home address will get the 4G LTE service expected by 4G LTE is 07/25/2012 19:00:00 CST
  24. sikclown

sikclown Well-Known Member

Our friends over at the 4g update site are guessing more like September for launch but it has not been officially announced.

Los Angeles Network Vision/LTE Deployment schedule update - Sprint 4G Rollout Updates
    drexappeal and BenChase7 like this.
  25. Erniee

Erniee New Member

Man I hope not but all we can do is wait.