• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Network vision & LTE rollout

Hey, does anybody know when Sprint Spark will be heading to Boston or Massachusetts in general!? Also, does anybody know if The Samsung Galaxy Note 4 is Sprint Spark compatible? It'll be a shame if it's not since it's the next big thing that's releasing.

I don't see why the note 4 wouldn't be spark enabled. My aging g2 is spark enabled. Sadly we probably won't see any spark service in northern Louisiana anytime soon.

If it doesn't already come with spark, which it should, the note 4 when it releases should get an OTA update for it.

That's how my g2 and most other devices have spark capabilities.

Reactions: No0byPete
Upvote 0
I don't see why the note 4 wouldn't be spark enabled. My aging g2 is spark enabled. Sadly we probably won't see any spark service in northern Louisiana anytime soon.

If it doesn't already come with spark, which it should, the note 4 when it releases should get an OTA update for it.

That's how my g2 and most other devices have spark capabilities.

Your G2 has Sprint Spark!? What is OTA? Also, your G2 never had Spark until you updated it?

Upvote 0
Reactions: No0byPete
Upvote 0
Something about it doesn't have the band's to support spark.

For Sprint Spark a phone must have the ability to receive all three Spark LTE bands:
25 (1900 MHz)
26 (800 MHz)
41 (2500 MHz)

This is a hardware issue, so if it was built with only one or two bands not even an update will give it Spark.

Upvote 0
WOW! That's so sad cause I have a Note 3, and I did not receive an update for Spark. :(

After digging around some for you, surprisingly the note 3 surprisingly isn't spark capable.

Something about it doesn't have the band's to support spark.

http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=2637470&page=18

Yes. Many people were upset, prior to the Note 3 release, that Samsung left out the Spark radios. The S4 had a refresh version released with spark radios, but not the Note 3.

I have survived without spark though. The numbers aren't really worth crying over, as far as speed, in LA. LTE has gotten a little more consistent than it had been, so I have been satisfied with single band.

Upvote 0
Yes. Many people were upset, prior to the Note 3 release, that Samsung left out the Spark radios. The S4 had a refresh version released with spark radios, but not the Note 3.

I have survived without spark though. The numbers aren't really worth crying over, as far as speed, in LA. LTE has gotten a little more consistent than it had been, so I have been satisfied with single band.

Granted if you live in a strong spark area, speeds will be a lot better. Even still though if someone lives in an lte area speeds will still be pretty good.

As long as your in an lte area I don't see much to complain about unless you tether. Even them, sprint lte pulls in an average 15-20mbps which is more than enough to do whatever your needs are.

I can easily live without spark with that being said.

Upvote 0
Granted if you live in a strong spark area, speeds will be a lot better. Even still though if someone lives in an lte area speeds will still be pretty good.

As long as your in an lte area I don't see much to complain about unless you tether. Even them, sprint lte pulls in an average 15-20mbps which is more than enough to do whatever your needs are.

True, but I would love the best data! Note 4 better come out with Spark compatibility.

Upvote 0

I haven't been able to get that high in areas of LA that I am in frequently. Highest I have got is 12,but like you said, good enough to do what I have needed to do.

I would imagine that all future phones will require Sprint spark radios, so I'm not concerned

Reactions: Rxpert83
Upvote 0
I haven't been able to get that high in areas of LA that I am in frequently. Highest I have got is 12,but like you said, good enough to do what I have needed to do.

That's weird, I'd figure near LA and those parts would get pretty good speeds, at least more than 12.

Back home in South Carolina, I'd get no less than 20, highest I remember was 36.

Here in Louisiana, around 15 or so is my average, highest around 25.

I would imagine that all future phones will require Sprint spark radios, so I'm not concerned

I wouldn't say all, but definitely the flagships. LG g series, Galaxy s series, Galaxy Note series (surprised the note 3 was left out)

I wouldn't think the lower end handsets would get the spark radio though.

Upvote 0
Hey, does anybody know when Sprint Spark will be heading to Boston or Massachusetts in general!? Also, does anybody know if The Samsung Galaxy Note 4 is Sprint Spark compatible? It'll be a shame if it's not since it's the next big thing that's releasing.

Community Blog List - Sprint 4G Rollout Updates Has the most up to date information on the network vision rollouts. Thier members can see an updated map on which towers are in progress, which are completed, and depending on the level when future upgrades are coming.

Upvote 0
Pulled this the other day. I've been more than pleased with them since the network vision upgrades here

6aragy3y.jpg

Upvote 0
me and 3 friends on a lake.. fishing.
each with different service provider.
ATT, Verizon, Tmobile, Sprint.

we each watching some vids.. streaming.
Netflix, youtube, viki.com

only the girl on Sprint and seeing 4G...
she could NOT get fast enough data to stream!!!!
Location is everything. I can stream whatever I like on my unlimited data

Upvote 0
Sprint doesn't market here, so no one has to fight their marketing here.

This is a thread for Sprint users to discuss Network vision & the LTE rollout.

Effective immediately, any other agendas posted are getting deleted.

No exceptions.

Thread cleaning has begun.

Reposting deleted posts will be met with infractions.

Didn't i say this once already?

Yes. Yes I did.

Upvote 0
Are they starting Network Vision upgrades in your city? It might still be a few months until you have usable LTE if they're in the beginning stage.

It's nice when they're done :)

They've been going on in the state, and especially Albuquerque, for months.

And some parts have outstanding service.

But when I said my office is in the middle of a HUGE construction zone, I really mean it. :D

It's nuts!

Upvote 0
Are they starting Network Vision upgrades in your city? It might still be a few months until you have usable LTE if they're in the beginning stage.

It's nice when they're done :)

it has been over a year and my village still does not have a usable lte signal. On the other hand, t mobile has the strongest signal amongst all 4 carriers. They also have lower priced and better plans. They should be buying sprint, not the other way around. Maybe dish or america movil will end up buying t mobile instead.

Upvote 0
I got a email/text saying the towers I use most are now finally upgraded.. so I got home and it's still only showing a 3G signal.. Now I'm running the Negalite rom but I would think because other areas I go into show LTE it would require no change when going home?

I'm just tired of them (3 months ago) saying they were working on the towers to now saying it's done but I don't see any change at all.

Upvote 0
they said the same thing in hilton, ny but driving around the village showed only glacer-slow 3g. So, i switched to t-mobile where i get super fast lte, and only $30 per month for 5 gb of lte data. No wonder article i just read predicts loss of 90,000 subs this quarter. Outside investors are protesting Hesse salary bump in light of massive customer defections.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones