• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Networking with tablets?

Po Mai

Lurker
Dec 6, 2013
Hello, I am not computer lit and in awe of all you that are . Please bear with me , if it is not too much trouble I hope to figure out if I can network my Hisense 7" Android Jelly bean tablet thru my Motorola sbg6580 wireless modem with my Hp windows7 lap top and hp photosmart printer. Can you even print from a tablet??? What is the best way to transfer picture files? Any files....
On the tablet do you need to find an app for everything you do? i.e. read a book?
Thanks for any clarity

Generally if your HP Printer is connected directly to the Network (wireless router) it should be recognized by Eprint when mobile device is connected via WIFI. My C5100 printer is usable this way. E all in one (ie 6520e) can be printed to by either web (when registered) or by WIFI.

Don

Hmm, I stand somewhat corrected. I see now that the ePrint app (which I was not aware was available until mentioned) actually CAN print to my printer, though I presume I need to be on the same network as my printer is NOT ePrint capable. I figured, incorrectly, that it worked using the ePrint capability of the HP printers - which my OfficeJet 6500 doesn't support but my brother's 6500A DOES as it's the updated version of mine to support ePrint.

This will only work if the OP has a network-connected PhotoSmart printer and it's not connected to the laptop using USB then shared over the network.

Upvote 0
Good Morning Guys, wow, thanks for all the tips. I do have the c5100 series photosmart. It's never worked right, makes lots of weird noises, and from about 6 months in can not be shut off. But, eh, it still prints and glad I do not have to replace it.

Cloud print sounds great, as does eprint. I think either would work. When would you want to print from say down town? Wouldn't you just save something for printing when you got back to the office etc?

IS there a place where I can find popular free apps. My wife hope to use here tablet for art related business. Run credit cards via square, show images of work on the go, probably play music too.
I see face book asked to install a face book app. She/we are pretty weird about following any suggestions from a computer with alternator motives lol She also manages a gallery where she puts artists work on face book daily. It would be nice if she could shoot and post it from the device. If the camera is up to it.

Many thanks to all you guys

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones