1. Introducing Channels - a new way to chat with other Android users!
    Dismiss Notice

Never hold again...

Last Updated:

1. rogue994

rogue994 Well-Known Member This Topic's Starter

Advertisement
  2. Tangent

Tangent Well-Known Member

Go here to their site and add your vote to the "offer an Android app" suggestion. When you enter your email address, you get 10 votes to use, and can use up to 3 per item. I've added my 3 to this one; this sounds like a great app to have available.

3. rogue994

rogue994 Well-Known Member This Topic's Starter

In case anyone wanted to know. Just got confirmation from the dev team. An Android version of this LuckyPhone app is currently in the works. Should be available soon.

4. SynisterWolf

SynisterWolf Well-Known Member

woo hoo!!! my gf has this on her glass brick and i cant wait till we get it. i emailed them too.

5. meyerweb

meyerweb Well-Known Member

Only problem I see is that if I were a support person, and I get a call that tells ME to press one, and then I hear some other person's phone ringing, I'd probably hang up.

6. Tangent

It would be fair I suppose. That's exactly what I do when I get calls from companies asking me to hold for the next representative... On the other hand, I'm not being paid to answer the call like they are. Chances are their supervisors would frown on them hanging up on a customer, even if they have to press 1 and listen to the phone ringing.

7. cornbreadfarts

cornbreadfarts Well-Known Member

i work in a call center. if i pick up the phone and hear it ringing, i hang up.

also, if i say my opening line (hi this is jamey, blah blah) and they don't say anything right away, its disconnected. if you are calling a call center, be prepared to talk when the person answers.

8. RichSz

RichSz Not Entitled VIP Member

9. Tangent

No, Dial Zero gets you out of automated menu hell. After that you still have to wait on hold sometimes. LucyPhone will use their service to call the company you're trying to reach, then it calls you when an actual person answers so you don't have to wait on hold.