1. Introducing Channels - a new way to chat with other Android users!
    Dismiss Notice

Never let Google Voice calls be on "silent mode" (aka: Always let them ring)?

Last Updated:

1. soccerdude21490

soccerdude21490 Member This Topic's Starter

Hey everyone, is there a way to make all incomming Google Voice calls always ring? I want to use Google Voice as an emergency line... so even if my phone is on silent, it'd still ring... anyone know if that's possible?

Advertisement
  2. smitty24

smitty24 Well-Known Member

im gonna go out on a limb and say no, its not possible. I would think the system volume overrides all app settings.

3. soccerdude21490

soccerdude21490 Member This Topic's Starter

yea that's what I was afraid of... because Google Voice is from one number right? So I'm thinking maybe there is an app that if a call is from a certain number that it will ring

4. Little Darwin

Little Darwin Well-Known Member

I know on the Blackberry where they use profiles for various rings they have an option in the Silent profile where emergency email senders can be defined (my Blackberry is from work, and is used as a glorified pager)

I like that feature... I have done a quick search on the Market using "ring profile" and a couple of promising apps show up...

If nothing else, I would try to set a special ring tone for Google Voice... Replace the default with an empty MP3 when you want to only hear Google Voice.

5. Little Darwin

Little Darwin Well-Known Member

I just downloaded a couple that looked promising, and Night Ringer fills my need.

With the Free version you are limited to 2 emergency contacts that over-ride their silent mode.