Never Run Out of Minutes Again: Make Free VoIP Calls on Android Phones

Last Updated:

1. mvaughn12

mvaughn12 Member This Topic's Starter

Advertisement
    AndroidSPCS likes this.
  2. safeplayer22

safeplayer22 Well-Known Member

It is but it's been written about or talked about many times.
    But I do hope that it would help others.

I use Fring to get incoming calls and there is definitely a lag (not that much though) and the voice quality is not great. The reason I use Fring instead of sipdroid or other VOIP apps is because I can have my instant messaging and VOIP in one app. However, you have to have a gvice callback app in order to make free outgoing calls with gvoice.

3. AndroidSPCS

AndroidSPCS Well-Known Member

Very cool. I have a deactivated Samsung Moment that is only used via wifi, so this could come in handy!

4. beenz

beenz Well-Known Member

I only talked for 53 minutes last month lol. This could come in handy for some people, though

5. GatorDeb

GatorDeb Well-Known Member

Well I followed all the steps, have sipdroid with the green dot on the phone, and online on the web, and I make a call and it says doing the callback through Google Voice but Sipdroid never pops up .... help?

Well it popped up seriously like five minutes later and then I couldn't hear anything..... how does Fring work?

Wow that took a loooooooong time. I guess I can use it when I know I will talk a lot and then just use my minutes the rest of the time using the Toggle.