• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Root Never used ADB, Looking for some help

I am still a little confused on how to use ADB and I am looking for some help here. For example where to save it and how to get into it and how to run ADB.

Once I get home from owrk today I would like to flash the new 2.1 sbf with RSD Lite (I have no issue with this as I have flashed the 2.0.1 sbf a couple times) and then root the 2.1 OTA update following these directions:

Originally Posted by samedroidsex
step zero: download attached zip and extract
step one: boot into sprecovery
step two: mount /system from sprecovery
step three:

Code:
adb push su /system/bin/suadb shell "chmod 6755 /system/bin/su"adb push Superuser.apk /system/app/Superuser.apkadb shell "chmod 644 /system/app/Superuser.apk"
step four: reboot
step five: stay alive

enjoy rooted stock ESE81, with no need to [wipe your data] install a hacked together copy of ota...

The issue is that I have never used ADB and dont know how to use it. Is it a simple program? Is there a good tutorial on how to install it?

I am just looking for some help so when I go home and root the OTA I wont run into any problems.

If this is a difficult task I will more than likely just install a rooted rom as I am ok with useing SPRecovery as I was rooted with 2.0.1 and was running Smoked Glass.

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones