Neverstill.com

Last Updated:

1. Frisco

Frisco =Luceat Lux Vestra= VIP Member This Topic's Starter

Issues with the browser hanging at waiting for neverstill.com to load have been going on for weeks, off and on.

Today, starting at about 9:20 am Central Time, the hangs have been longer than ever (I timed them at each click to get around the forums and then, eventually to this area).

47 seconds, then 58 seconds, then 1:09 seconds waiting, each wait at neverstill.com with one at googleanalytics.com for 22 seconds in addition to the neverstill.com wait.

Hoping I'll be forgiven for beginning a new thread on the issue of browser hangs, I wanted to draw particular attention to that ad server.

Advertisement
  2. mgillespie

mgillespie Well-Known Member

If you are using Opera, you can add this to your urlfilter.ini

http://*neverstill.com/*

(add it with Opera closed to urlfilter.ini, or via the Block Content right click). Never be bothered by slow adverts from them ever again...

3. Frisco

Thanks for the tip, mgillespie, however I've been trying out Opera browsers for years and years and I always end up going back to Mozilla. I even purchased one back when they were selling them after a trial period many moons ago. That didn't help; I still found myself wanting my old (then) Netscape browser back.

This neverstill.com ad site sure hangs a lot. Today it is a crapshoot as to how long I'll have to wait when clicking a link to a page at this site; sometimes it flies right to the page, most often it hangs on "waiting for neverstill.com" for whole minutes.. very frustrating.

4. kratos

kratos Back on my throne!!! VIP Member

I just wanted to chime in that I had never had this problem, until today. Today, almost every click takes anywhere from 20 seconds to 2-3 minutes to load just waiting for neverstill.com.

Kratos

5. eyebeam

eyebeam Well-Known Member

Yup, the last couple of days I'm getting some long page load times while sitting there staring at "Waiting for neverstill". It is kind of a funny name in that it brings this site to a standstill though...

6. Airmaxx23

Airmaxx23 Well-Known Member

I was just coming in here to post about neverstill.com hanging up the browser but I see I'm not the only one having problems. Using Firefox.

7. Frisco

Yes, it's happening again.

It is at random times; a typical browsing experience here is quick and without delays at all, but when this crops up it can be at the first reload of the index page or after several thread views or even during an edit of a post.

The wait can be from zero to 10 to over 45 seconds.

It can happen only once in a long browsing session, say 20 minutes or so, or it can happen with each click of a link here, causing a 20 minute session to be about 15 minutes of waiting for neverstill.com to load.

8. Airmaxx23

Airmaxx23 Well-Known Member

This was better for a few days and is now a problem again.

9. Frisco

In Firefox, I went to the cookies area and removed all neverstill.com cookies and disallowed them to be set again.

The delays since doing that are only a few seconds as the "waiting for neverstill.com" status bar prompt sits there, admittedly a possible coincidence. Time will tell.