1. doogald

doogald Guides Guide This Topic's Starter

Advertisement
  2. Podivin

Podivin VIP Member VIP Member

Well that looks like fun :)

3. Batbriel

Batbriel Well-Known Member

I'm running this one right now and so far is really good, Super super fast, no autokiller, no SetCPU, may be I'm exaggerating a little bit but its almots like running XTR with a new look :D

4. emerica243

emerica243 Well-Known Member

yes!

5. doogald

I ended up installing it and I am really looking forward to this being perfected. I had a restart when trying to set up Google Voice, it looks like automatic brightness does not work, and there are some reported issues in the contacts app. I've gone back to KF for right now, but I'd love to have this as a 2.1 go-to app (especially if the camera and gallery apps work perfectly.)

6. eghill1125

eghill1125 Well-Known Member

Thinking of trying this one out. Just not sure what the benefit would be over Kaos or Tazz Froyo. I have had Tazz 1.0 now for a week or so and it has performed great. Will keep an eye on this to see if there is some advantage to it over the 2.2 ones.

7. doogald

I'd say that there would be these:

- the 2.2 ROMs have had trouble getting the camera working reliably. This has not been a problem with 2.1 ROMs

- If you use it, IMHO apps2sd on 2.1 is better than 2.2; mostly because the external partition is always mounted. If you connect your phone to your PC and mount the SD card there, for example, you lose any apps that you moved to SD. This could be argued the other way, of course. And, after installing and not setting up apps2sd or cache2sd, I still had plenty of free internal storage.

- it uses the vanilla Android dialer, but you do have access to the dialpad while in a call.

From what I know, the disadvantages would be:

- no Google Voice Actions - that requires 2.2

- Gmail is better in 2.2

- no "update all" in the market in 2.1

8. shaggylouie

shaggylouie Well-Known Member

I looked at this on xda and can't quite figure it out. Maybe someone can clarify this for me - from the pictures, it looks like it uses the 2.2 status bar and phone. Is this the case? The 2.2 style phone (for me) works best so that would be sweet.

I might just download it anyway to try.

9. doogald

I believe that was the same status bar and dialer from vanilla 2.1. It is definitely a 2.1 ROM - the description says that it is pure 2.1 AOSP.

If you look at the photos of the Conap's 2.1 Eris Lightning Bolt 2.8, you'll see the vanilla 2.1 status bar. [ROM]ErisLightningBolt 2.8 CM5.08 build( OC, JIT, Apps2sd, GPS, Stock MMS!!!)6/21/10 - xda-developers

Here is a post with photos of the DroidDoes ROM, also a 2.1 ROM: xda-developers - View Single Post - [ROM]Droid Does [07/18] [DROID!]

10. andrizoid

andrizoid Well-Known Member

good for them for trying something else, but do we really need another 2.1 vanilla rom? all of them are basically the same.

11. shaggylouie

shaggylouie Well-Known Member

I guess I don't really know what "vanilla" is. On froyo roms I see the same looking status bar and dialer pad. Thanks for the links.

12. jeffgman

jeffgman Well-Known Member

Yes, but this one is using a new kernel which is supposed pretty fast. I think Zack.xtr is going to incorporate this new kernel into xtrROM and xtrSense in the next week or so. I will probably wait for those as I am a big Sense fan and prefer the HTC dialer to the vanilla Android one.

13. andrizoid

andrizoid Well-Known Member

no. the new kernel is an aosp kernel. wont work/shouldnt work on sense

14. Hercules

Hercules Well-Known Member

Wonder if Zach can incorporate that cache to cache running in this beta to the XTR Roms. I would love to have the room to install 100 apps without apps to sd.

15. ErisLove

ErisLove Well-Known Member

im running it as well

very fast and smooth:D

16. Eris_2.1_2010

Eris_2.1_2010 Well-Known Member

Im comng from xtr vanilla 4.0.6.1 and been running this all day runs real great. Not so sure about the dialer and having no PDF viewer(found in market). Battery life is awesome so far. Cache to cache is great would like to see on xtr roms. Overall awesomeness.