new 2.2 screen rotation?!

Last Updated:

1. Ordieth

Ordieth Member This Topic's Starter

My 2.1 rom only went into landscape mode when I turned the phone counter-clockwise. I have found that since updating to 2.2, the screen will go into landscape if I go either direction! I really liked the old one way landscape, and I wonder if this was intended, or just the result of an unfished leak... :(

Advertisement
  2. JustDroid

JustDroid Well-Known Member

This is a feature of FroYo

3. yojoe600

yojoe600 Well-Known Member

yea thanks to froyo it does this... too bad it still doesnt go all directions like upside down

4. Yaksha

Yaksha Well-Known Member

Now if only Sense could build a landscape mode. :p

5. Rdjr74

Rdjr74 Well-Known Member

Nice! First time I heard of this one. I welcome this with open arms!

6. Drukan

Drukan Well-Known Member

SENSE does have a landscape mode... at least within framework-res and com.htc.resourses the necessary files are there. Im guessing its just not "turned on".
    When i theme these 2 apks which are the base framework, there are drawables and xmls for a Landscape mode. but have never seen a device that actually uses them.... Odd ...

7. KoopaT23

KoopaT23 Member

I wish there was a way to have it like 2.1 when it only rotated counter-clockwise.

8. NYdroid33

NYdroid33 Well-Known Member

I turned off the landscape feature so it only goes like that when I have the keyboard open ( I have the moment) and did this with my ipod touch as well... for some reason that drives me crazy, it always seems to turn when I dont want it too... If im watching a movie on my ipod I adjust it but otherwise both the phone and ipod are rarely set to swith to landscape

9. welbinator

welbinator Well-Known Member

if you are using a cyanogenmod ROM, go to settings, CyanogenMod settings, User interface and you can control how your screen rotates.

10. crackers8199

crackers8199 Well-Known Member

is there any way to control this with a ROM other than CM? skyraider, for example?

even if it's not in the settings and you need to modify some files to make it happen, it would be nice to have the ability to do it...

11. Fezzik77

Fezzik77 Well-Known Member

Technically I think if you are S-OFF with a full featured Terminal and you really know your stuff or are really good with ADB and can figure out where these settings are you should be able to make adjustments. It's capable of 360degrees so I am sure that somehow or another they changed a line of code or changed a setting or something in a system file somewhere. You would have to modify it and that would be possible from terminal in theory. I can't tell you how to do it. Also I am not really sure what all Android is capable of as far as commands and what not. I say it is possible simply from a Linux perspective.

12. crackers8199

crackers8199 Well-Known Member

That's what I figured, I was just hoping someone could post a tutorial on how exactly to do it...