• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help New 64Gb Oneplus One won't charge

Hi All,

Unfortunately I have the same problem. Just pickup my Oneplus One at DHL, try to charge the phone. Nothing happens.
I can use the charger to charge another phone so that is not the problem.

I tried all the above suggestions, but no luck either.

I submitted a ticket immediately, fingers crossed it gets fixed soon

Battery is not protected by something I assume as it is a not replaceable one .

I'll keep you informed

Upvote 0
Hi All,

Unfortunately I have the same problem. Just pickup my Oneplus One at DHL, try to charge the phone. Nothing happens.

I'll keep you informed

Please do keep us informed, I'm seeing more of this issue. Mine's OK but a fellow at work just received his and it has the same problem. He emailed OnePlus three days ago but has not heard back.

Yet that seems to be the norm as I've read many reports of them either taking a long time to respond, denying claims, or expecting users to perform a great deal of troubleshooting before OnePlus will give them assistance.

Good luck with yours.

Upvote 0
Hi All,

I'll keep you informed

An update, I was lucky I think. Seems that something is wrong with the USB cable. It takes some time to answer all the mails, but they are sending a new cable.

All in all, at the moment I am a very satisfied user.

Reactions: confed and KOLIO
Upvote 0
Finally received my cable, still won't charge, spent quite some time trying everything I can think of. That includes trying a cable from a friend's OPO that does charge properly.

I'm left wondering just how long it'll take them to respond to this issue. The device is not bad, it's the company that's the weak link.

At times like this it's particularly nice to have more than just the OPO.

Upvote 0
Finally received my cable, still won't charge, spent quite some time trying everything I can think of. That includes trying a cable from a friend's OPO that does charge properly.

I'm left wondering just how long it'll take them to respond to this issue. The device is not bad, it's the company that's the weak link.

At times like this it's particularly nice to have more than just the OPO.

I thought your 1+1 was working OK, just the co-workers having various isdues?

Upvote 0
I thought your 1+1 was working OK, just the co-workers having various isdues?
Your memory is perfect, but that was then and this is now.

I must have jinxed it, no sooner did I write that, and later in the evening I plugged it in and did a double take when it would not charge. Having a plethora of new high quality USB cables on hand I thought I'd find one that would work, no luck.

I contacted two co workers, they brought their OEM chargers in the next day, still not charging. Sent an email off to OnePlus, I'm still waiting to receive a response. Mindful of the likelihood they're overwhelmed with work, I'm patiently waiting.

Reactions: KOLIO
Upvote 0
Your memory is perfect, but that was then and this is now.

I must have jinxed it, no sooner did I write that, and later in the evening I plugged it in and did a double take when it would not charge. Having a plethora of new high quality USB cables on hand I thought I'd find one that would work, no luck.

I contacted two co workers, they brought their OEM chargers in the next day, still not charging. Sent an email off to OnePlus, I'm still waiting to receive a response. Mindful of the likelihood they're overwhelmed with work, I'm patiently waiting.

Sorry to hear about the charging issues zipred.

I feel your aggravation,trust me,been there/done that,don't wish it upon anyone.

Gonna go off-topic for a moment:

Which brand(s) of cales do you have/recommend?

THX! :thumb:

Upvote 0
Sorry to hear about the charging issues zipred.

I feel your aggravation,trust me,been there/done that,don't wish it upon anyone.

Gonna go off-topic for a moment:

Which brand(s) of cales do you have/recommend?

THX! :thumb:

I buy most of my cables from Cyberguys they have an excellent selection of all kinds of electronics supplies. Providing terrific service and reliable shipping I've relied on them for years.

Ziotek is one of their best brands of USB cables, and my favorite for quality and great durability.

Computer Parts, Cables and Hard to Find Computer Accessories - Cyberguys.com

USB Shortys

Upvote 0
Upvote 0
Since I got mine, I have used the charger and cable from my spare HTC First ( nexus phone , as I disabled the Facebook garbage ) and have not had a charging issue. Even the charger from the pantech discover phone works perfectly. So, I am thinking the issue could be battery or charging circuit related. I am so sorry to hear about my fellow owners having these problems.

Reactions: KOLIO
Upvote 0
Since I got mine, I have used the charger and cable from my spare HTC First ( nexus phone , as I disabled the Facebook garbage ) and have not had a charging issue. Even the charger from the pantech discover phone works perfectly. So, I am thinking the issue could be battery or charging circuit related. I am so sorry to hear about my fellow owners having these problems.

For several months I've used this exemplary Anker five port intelligent charger, for Android and iOS devices.

It wouldn't charge my OnePlus One, so after some troubleshooting I've come to the conclusion it's an issue with the handset itself.

Unfortunately the greater problem is that I've either been put on ignore by OnePlus, or ten days is too soon to expect them to respond to my request for assistance.

Here's a link to the charger for those who may want a very fine reasonably priced intelligent charger. Anker 40W 5-Port Family-Sized Desktop USB Charger with PowerIQ

Upvote 0
I finally got my replacement phone.....34 days after I started my support ticket. That's right 34 days! This one seems to work fine so far, hopefully I won't have any problems with this one, don't thing I can tolerate the slow support again.

As a fellow OnePlus One owner I'm happy to hear you experienced the speed and efficiency of their premier service.

I on the other hand, am on day 16 without hearing a word regarding my request for service. But it is my understanding that turn around times for warranty service from OP average a modest three months.

Being prepared with a reliable Nexus 5 to use while I own this bricked OPO has been very worthwhile. While outwardly the OPO is a nice looking phone little did I realize I was spending a few hundred dollars for a paperweight.

I continue to wait in sheer amusement.

Upvote 0
File a Paypal complaint.

Just a note I contacted support for something, took 8 days for a response. It was regarding the AT&T IMEI issue.

How long did it take for them to even reply to the ticket you submitted? I'm on the same boat now and I submitted the ticket on 8/31.

Have you gotten a response? I'm on the same boat.

Look at my post above. Figure you also had an American holiday (Labor Day) and they also mentioned something about a day off in one of their announcements threads. So I would imagine they're delayed.

Upvote 0
Unfortunately OP is building a horrible reputation for ignoring customers, declining to honor the warranty, or banning anyone who attempts to reach out, no matter how tactful, via the forum.

Please understand I do not post this casually or out of anger. I'm being truthful and restrained beyond measure.

We now have fifteen enthusiast / owners of OPO phones at work. Eleven have minor to major touch screen and other issues. To date weeks have elapsed with only one owner having heard back with a no we won't help. No other responses thus far.

An engineering lab where we are adults and conduct ourselves as such. Point being I am NOT bashing OnePlus. Nor do I have a secret agenda, I simply wish to caution those who are considering this phone.

Even fully aware, I bought a OPO recently and await it's arrival. Perhaps I'll be one of the lucky ones.

More: TK Tech News

I was strongly considering getting this phone until I read this post.

I guess it's true what they say - you get what you pay for. Looks like I'll stick with a real brand.

Upvote 0
A few days ago I had a separate issue where the phone would only charge to 91%. After reading about this problem I decided it wasn't a big deal. I would simply wait until the battery would get low (20-30%) and charge it up. I read if I did this 2-3 times it would finally read 100% after charging

Well last night / today was the first charge (technically second) after receiving the phone. I now have this problem. It simply will not charge; not from the original charger, not from my computer, not from my car, and not from my 2.1A portable PNY power supply.

The power is currently at 15% and it wont indicate it is charging for more than 2.5 minutes.

I take it my only option is to return for replacement or try to and get a refund?

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones