• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

New and lost paid app

Hi guys, new guy to android here.

I just got myself a new samsung galaxy s phone, bought my first app from the market, but when I restored my phone, I can't restore this app.

I'm using the same gmail account, but when I search for weather & toggle, it wants me to pay for it again, I think this is very unfair.

Please help!

Hmm, that doesn't make sense to me.

your google account keeps track of all paid Apps and should automatically re-download your paid apps (sometimes takes a while for it to happen).

I would suggest using the free App called AppBrain. You load the AppBrain app on your phone, then log into AppBrain.com on your computer. It totally changes and improves you market experience, keeps track of your apps for you and backs up your apps for you for just such cases as this.

I would suggest rebooting your phone, try logging out and back into your google account and then double check that the App you are looking at in the market is EXACTLY the same App you bought. (some Apps sound very similar but are different).

Upvote 0
I believe Astro can back up your Apps to SD card. Certainly Mybackup Pro can.

However--Appbrain is something you should seriously look at. It makes using the market 3X better than without. I Know, I know it is counter-intuitive to "add a step" to obtaining Apps but it really is not like that. AND Appbrain backs up all your Apps automatically.

I suspect if you get Appbrain you will find your missing App therein and will be able to take some action.

Astro might be able to find your App hiding somewhere in your computer also.

You can also try "re-buying" the app... if you uninstall any purchased App within 24 hours you get an automatic refund so that might be worth checking.

I assume you have rebooted your phone?

Oh, that's right... Someone was saying that some market Apps were choking due to something in one of the google Apps freaking out. Try clearing the cache on all of your google-related apps.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones