• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

New and weather widget - weather not working

FUCCO

Jan 20, 2010
On my news and weather app the weather does not show up therefore does not show up in the multimedia dock at night. I have tried zip code and geolocation. It keeps saying when i refresh weather info unavailable. IS anyone else having this problem??? This just started happening yesterday morning prior to that i had no problems with it. The news portion is working fine.

Exact same thing happened to me. Im using Palmary Weather. For the last 48 hours the weather widget has shown "unavailable". I went into the configuration menu and changed from 'gps' to 'set location'. It wouldnt take my zip code but works fine if I put in my city name instead. I know this isnt the only program that's having issues but I'm not sure what has recently changed to effect it.

Upvote 0
I started having this problem yesterday, running DroidMod 1.0.

I cleared the data & cache from the application and it's working fine again. In "Manage Applications" you need to change the filter to select either "All" or "Running" applications.

There was a warning that clearing the data would delete all files, setings, etc, but my preferences for news categories were not deleted. The only thing that changed was the weather location is set to use my current location.

Reactions: orkinman1075
Upvote 0
2.1 news/weather...
It cant find my zipcode....? B4 2.1 i've been using weatherchannel app, which seemed great, found my zip, show temp in notif. bar, etc.
Now, this new weather app that came in with 2.1 is supposed to get its feeds FROM the weatherchannel... ok... if so, why cant it find my zip, If I do next closest city, its a 15degree difference from what actual weatherchannel app tells me... makes nooo friggin sense.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones