• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

New Android and smartphone user

Hi everyone: About a week and a half ago, I bought (Ebay) my first smartphone. It's a Motorola Flipside that originally was made for ATT, but unlocked. I use my TMobile SIM in it. I've already upgraded to Froyo, but am now considering trying to root my phone so I can get all the unneeded ATT stuff off of the phone. I know there are threads about this, so certainly am not looking for answers, here.

I had been using a "regular" cell phone with camera for calls and a 3rd generation iPod Touch for accessing free wifi, listening to MP3, having my photos. Got tired of carrying all the chargers and such for them and felt it was time to get into the smartphone world. I used to be a techie, as I built my own desktop PC and put together a couple of "parts" laptops to make a good, fully working one. Since technology moves a lot faster than me, though, now I'm frantically trying to play catch up.

My smartphone is fun and I'm glad I got it. I want to keep learning until I take my last breath. Gotta keep this old mind sharp. LOL!

Hello,

It's nice of you to stop in and introduce yourself. Enjoy the facilities. :)
If you need any help navigating the site, just give one of us Guides a shout!
icon14.gif

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones