• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

New android developer saying 'Hi'

Hi (told you I would say Hi ;))
I just wanted to do what this forum is here for and introduce myself. My name is Russ but I develop under Darktime Studios LLC.
I actually started developing as a hobby with Unity a little over a year ago. My first full game is nearly complete but I wanted some experience on the market before releasing and having to deal with upkeep on a full game so I switched to eclipse and am making some small apps to get a feel for the market before going all out and having to support a full game.
I'm self-taught when it comes to programming and am using small apps which are easy to update as a way of getting some exposure while at the same time becoming a better programmer, and I know there's a lot to learn because I was able to cut out 300 or so lines of code on my first update. I'm taking huge advantage of android forums, stack overflow, and the android website.
I just released my first simple app but I'll post that in the other forum.

Anyway, that's me in a nutshell. Can't wait to see y'all around the forums.

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones