• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

New Android Developer

rfmejia

Lurker
Oct 14, 2009
I just moved to Japan, will pursue my PhD studies in Computer Science. Since I love programming, and I'll be here for quite a while, I decided to jump into developing for Android devices.

Any tips for an Android n00b? I have intermediate-level Java programming experience (some on Java Mobile) but other than that I'm starting from scratch (even have to purchase a device, but I guess the emulator will do for now).

I just moved to Japan, will pursue my PhD studies in Computer Science. Since I love programming, and I'll be here for quite a while, I decided to jump into developing for Android devices.

Any tips for an Android n00b? I have intermediate-level Java programming experience (some on Java Mobile) but other than that I'm starting from scratch (even have to purchase a device, but I guess the emulator will do for now).

Welcome!

Upvote 0

Welcome to the AF forums and enjoy your visits !! :cool:

Be sure to post in the developer forum for advice and info on coding ...

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones