New android marketSupport

1. oOMavrikOo

oOMavrikOo Well-Known Member

Can someone tell me how update the market without using the released apk? I remember being able to force update the market on my Hero. I want to try deleting the market to force the update using the app manager but I don't want to mess anything up. Plus I don't know if that will work on the 3D.

Advertisement
    :
  2. mak916

mak916 Well-Known Member

I believe the Market will update on its own. I know the last time it was updated it did. So if you don't want to use the released apk then you will have to wait I believe. I'm in no hurry for the updated version. I tried it and don't really like it.
    marctronixx likes this.
  3. marctronixx

marctronixx Moderator Moderator

yes you must wait for the market to update on its own or you must use the apk thats being released.
    sanchez1980us and EarlyMon like this.
  4. EarlyMon

EarlyMon The PearlyMon Moderator

Read yesterday that they're ready to start rolling it out.

So - it's coming soon.
    Matlock, ARR22 and marctronixx like this.
  5. Vanquished

Vanquished Well-Known Member

I've been using it for a while now, so I'm not sure if you could do this in the earlier version or not...But, one thing that annoys me is not being able to rate an app that you have payed for unless it is installed.
  6. LBPHeretic

LBPHeretic Well-Known Member

It is definitely rolling out right now. My old Sprint HTC Hero running CyanogenMod 7.1 got it already even though I did not install the updated Android Market .apk file. I sort of chuckled at the fact that my old handset got it before my shiny new Sprint HTC EVO 3D. Oh well.

A friend of mine with a Verizon Samsung Fascinate that is running Android 2.2 got it yesterday evening. I am sure you will see it soon.
    marctronixx likes this.
  7. mak916

mak916 Well-Known Member

I guess we should see it within the next few days.
  8. ArmageddonX

ArmageddonX Well-Known Member

Somebody told me if you Clear the Market Cache and Force Close that it would update itself. I tried this and mine did not update. Not sure if anyone else wants to try this... Looking forward to getting the new market myself! =)
  9. hfc.t3ch83

hfc.t3ch83 Member

I did this but nothing happened. What is the latest version of Market? Mine is 2.3.4
  10. DonB

DonB ♡ Spidey Sense !! ♡ ™ Moderator

The one I have installed from last week is 3.0.27

11. z50king

z50king Well-Known Member

I still have 2.3.4

The market on my WiFi only hero stopped working yesterday, says it has server and network errors. Maybe it needs to update
  12. DonB

This has been discussed before if you want to force load the new market you can if you do not want to wait, Download Here see below

C&P

Hands On: New Android Market and Google Videos [Video]

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=roGGgsEJUZU&feature=player_embedded

by Chris Chavez on July 12th, 2011 at 11:38 pm
    Alright, so the new Android Market was announced by Google earlier today featuring an all new UI, widget, integration with Google Videos and multiple Gmail accounts. A few hours later, we actually got our hands on the new Market v3.0.26 (signed by Google) and I quickly uploaded it for everyone to enjoy and test out for yourselves.
    Given the sketchiness of downloading apps anywhere but from the Android Market, a few of you were (understandably so) apprehensive about trying out the new Market and installing in your phone. Even more of you didn’t even have a phone equipped with Android 2.2 or higher (one of Google’s prerequisites for the app).
    So, it’s for you guys that I’ve gone ahead and shot a quick (read: rough) video showing off the new Market and its Google Video rental service, simply to give you guys a better idea of what to expect in the coming weeks.
    Oh- and if you change your mind about downloading the new Market, well — DownloadHere is still waiting for you. You can always go back to the old Market following this simple steps:

• Go into your phone’s Settings
    • Select "Manage Applications"
    • Select the "All" tab at the top
    • Scroll down to Market app and select it
    • Select "Uninstall Updates"
    • Now have your old Market back!
  13. z50king

Do we need anything special to install it on our phones?
  14. themuffinman75

themuffinman75 Well-Known Member

No, just install the apk like any other apk and that it.
  15. z50king

I'm 12 what is this

Yeah I don't know how to install an apk
  16. themuffinman75

themuffinman75 Well-Known Member

LOL, ok. The easiest thing for you to do is use your phone to download the file thats linked a few posts up. Once downloaded just click on it and you will see the option to install it.
    z50king likes this.
  17. jj14x

jj14x Guides Guide

just one other thing - after downloading it, go to you settings, application and check "unknown sources". Then, click on the downloaded apk (assuming you have downloaded it to your phone or the microSD on your phone) and you will see the option to install it.
    z50king and themuffinman75 like this.
  18. z50king

thanks guys. the new market is cool. I like it a lot
  19. DonB

NP glad you got it working, enjoy

20. tweedlefly

tweedlefly New Member

Just installed it. Thanks for sharing.
  21. Slash3040

Slash3040 Well-Known Member

Anyone have the problem where you can't update apps? For me when it gives the notification there's an update available i can only open it or uninstall it.
  22. natorade93

natorade93 Well-Known Member

This helps if there is an update available, but if the update hasent been pushed to your phone yet then theres nothing for it to update.
  23. Emblazon

Emblazon Well-Known Member

Like the title says, why hasn't it rolled out to the 3VO, yet?

I personally already installed it on my phone, but my girlfriend still has the old market. Wasn't it due out weeks ago?
  24. mak916

mak916 Well-Known Member

Not sure why the 3VO does not have it yet, but I'm not really looking forward to it. The Photon has it. Not sure if any other Sprint have it.
  25. jdsingle

jdsingle Well-Known Member

I'm secretly praying we don't get it. My gf has it on her TBolt and I think it is cluttered too much.
    natorade93 likes this.