New android marketSupport

1. jdsingle

jdsingle Well-Known Member

I think it is funny they are pushing a new market and I don't even have the market update prior to this new one.
  2. EVIL&roid

EVIL&roid Member

same here....:confused:
  3. krayziejoe

krayziejoe Active Member

I was using 3.1.5 and the new market apk installed fine for me. My phone is not rooted.
  4. thefley

thefley Well-Known Member

I am not rooted and I still have not see this update
  5. dhmx220

dhmx220 Member

How do i get the new android market?
  6. wake69

wake69 Well-Known Member

it should come automatically. to check, open market - menu - settings
    scroll down, 3.3.11 is new version
  7. jj14x

jj14x Guides Guide

Doesn't it come automatically only if we sideload the new market apk at least once?
    I never installed it, so I'm still stuck with the old market version.
  8. asaberan

asaberan Well-Known Member

9. LBPHeretic

LBPHeretic Well-Known Member

I noticed that the new style Android Market has been out for a while and it never showed up on my wife's Sprint HTC EVO 4G. My Sprint HTC EVO 3D is rooted and flashed with a clean HTC Sense 3.0 ROM, so I already have it.

It seems like you have to sideload the Android Market .apk to get it. Perhaps when subsequent updates are pushed, the sideloaded Android Market will update automatically.
  10. DonB

DonB ♡ Spidey Sense !! ♡ ™ Moderator

I wouldn't hold by breath, Android market is not quick to update,also time to change your device profile, LOL

11. LBPHeretic

Well, it was weird when my Sprint HTC Hero got the new Android Market before my wife's Sprint HTC EVO 4G did. I know they can take forever to push the updates, but she does not even have the magazine style Android Market at all. She has the old green style Android Market. The magazine style Android Market has been around for quite a while now. ;)

Yeah, my device profile is way out of date. I have been bad about updating it. I will take care of that soon. Thanks for reminding me. :D
  12. Adar

Adar Well-Known Member

Just curious about something. I manually installed the new Market (mostly just to see if the Google Music market would show up in there). Since I manually installed the APK to get this new market, will it auto-update from now on, or am I going to have to manually download the APK each time there is an update?
  13. jerofld

jerofld Fixing stuff is not easy VIP Member

It will auto update. Mine seems to update at least once a week.
    DonB and Adar like this.
  14. DonB

+1 it seems the the newer version of the market when side loaded usually update after that

15. jdsingle

Still on the old old market (the one with no videos or books) and loving it.
  16. eyebeam

eyebeam Well-Known Member

This didn't work for me, but I've seen elsewhere that some have had success getting the Market to update by doing the following: Settings > Applications > Manage Applications > find and click on Market > clear data > reboot phone > open Market.

Hope this will work for someone, at least...
    jerofld likes this.
  17. jdsingle

Didn't work for me. I'm not sure how clearing data would initiate a market update though.
  18. DonB

Sometimes by clearing the data it clears anything that is stuck and then it opens the flood gates, but agreed it does not work for everyone, but usually recommended to try to see if it does work. I have always side loaded the market apps as I usually don't want to wait to have it installed.

19. Rush

Rush {<>}~{<>} Guide

20. Adar

Adar Well-Known Member

As much as I dislike the look of the new market, if I wanted to use it for Google Music, I had to install the apk manually. It worked fine for me, and happily auto updated when the music tab got added. Actually, I only hate the main screen of the new market. Everything else is quite a bit better.
  21. LBPHeretic

I have grown used to the "magazine style" of the Android Market. I did not like it as much originally because it took up more space on the internal memory of my Sprint HTC Hero and it was slightly laggy. Of course that did not matter on my Sprint HTC EVO 3D and B&N Nook Color. They could easily handle it. ;)

In subsequent updates they reduced the bloat and sped the interface up some. It works nicely even on the older handset mentioned above. :)
  22. Matlock

Matlock Well-Known Member

I used the new Market for a few days and ended up reverting back to the Stock Market.

My main tiff was with the way it organized the downloaded Apps section. I prefer it being listed by the most recent download, instead of alphabetically. If it gave an option to let you choose between the two, that would be great.

The other problem I had was some times I was unable to tap on the install option in App's download page. It was like I couldn't tap directly on the install button. Maybe my fingers are just too damn fat. :p

I DID like how Google the main page is organized when you first loaded the Market. As well as each section. As far as aesthetically. As far as function, not so much.

The last thing was the video posted by Chris Chavez (permalink). I muted the video for a moment and at the very end, I swear he had a seizure the way his hands shook away from the camera. I couldn't help but laugh. Keep it up Chris!!
  23. Streetbros

Streetbros Member

Is there anyway to get the newer market? My phone still has the older one for whatever reason
  24. jj14x

jj14x Guides Guide

25. shengfu10

shengfu10 Well-Known Member

Is There already HTC sense 4.0 for HTC EVO 3D?
    Where and How can i download and install the HTC Sense 4.0?Or should i take it to the shop??

My Android Maker version is 2.3.6 Why i see someone's phone Android Market is higher and different?How can i update my Android Market?

Thank you