New android owner. (:Support

Last Updated:

1. Ryistech

Ryistech Well-Known Member

I just got the motorola backflip yesterday. :) anyone have any cool tips about android or the phone itself? Thanks.

2. dan330

dan330 Well-Known Member

yeah.. get rid of it!

there are better phones out now.. at the same price point.
  3. Ryistech

I got it for free.
  4. sethman88

sethman88 Well-Known Member

im not bashing you here but why did you get that phone its over a year and a half old you could have gotten a phone atleast only 9 months old for free or 50$ or less
  5. Ryistech

I have a go phone. So I don't have a contract and it was on craigslist
  6. dan330

dan330 Well-Known Member

you asked..

and I gave you my opinion. :rolleyes:

PS.. welcome to the forum
  7. sethman88

sethman88 Well-Known Member

ah ok well thats not to bad of a phone for a pay as you go plan so not bad and welcome to the android world enjoy
    Ryistech likes this.
  8. Ryistech

Thanks. :)
  9. ArmageddonX

ArmageddonX Well-Known Member

cds0699 likes this.
  10. cds0699

cds0699 Well-Known Member

I hope you enjoy your new phone, and for a no contract, that seems like a decent one :) Welcome to the forums!
  11. Ryistech

I love it. What are some must haves I should get?
  12. Mistiq

Mistiq Well-Known Member

My friend has the Backflip and is getting very frustrated with it. I told her I would help her out when we had time, but all of my normal sites are practically dead when it comes to the Backflip.

The only site I found was this one that has any kind of decent community.

I haven't got a chance to really play with her phone yet, so the only thing I can suggest is make sure that your phone is updated to 2.1 or whatever the current stock version is. She's running 1.5 and.... it's pretty horrible.

Let me know what you find out about the phone and what your favorite tweaks are.
  13. Ryistech

Is it possible to update without a computer?
  14. itsallgood

itsallgood Well-Known Member

Welcome to android. I used my computer to upgrade to 2.1. As fare as what to know about the backflip. It is a nice phone, especially for someone new to android. It was my first android phone, I have an Atrix now. Make sure that you keep at least 75MB of space available. Anything below that, you run the risk of slowdown. you can't really do any heavy stuff like intense gaming, creating documents, etc. The phone is under powered and might lock up on you. Multitasking is ok, just don't have it doing to much at one time. By an SD card to store all of your stuff like music, pictures, videos etc. Just use the internal storage for apps only.