• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help New android owner. (:

My friend has the Backflip and is getting very frustrated with it. I told her I would help her out when we had time, but all of my normal sites are practically dead when it comes to the Backflip.

The only site I found was this one that has any kind of decent community.

I haven't got a chance to really play with her phone yet, so the only thing I can suggest is make sure that your phone is updated to 2.1 or whatever the current stock version is. She's running 1.5 and.... it's pretty horrible.

Let me know what you find out about the phone and what your favorite tweaks are.

Upvote 0
Is it possible to update without a computer?

Welcome to android. I used my computer to upgrade to 2.1. As fare as what to know about the backflip. It is a nice phone, especially for someone new to android. It was my first android phone, I have an Atrix now. Make sure that you keep at least 75MB of space available. Anything below that, you run the risk of slowdown. you can't really do any heavy stuff like intense gaming, creating documents, etc. The phone is under powered and might lock up on you. Multitasking is ok, just don't have it doing to much at one time. By an SD card to store all of your stuff like music, pictures, videos etc. Just use the internal storage for apps only.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones