• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help New Android Phone ? / Questions about the Droid X

Haloman800

Aug 8, 2010
Hello, my name is Abraham, I'm pretty new to the forums so please forgive me if this is in the wrong section and for any grammar errors.

I was one of the many who got the original Motorola Droid earlier this year, it's a great phone aside from a few bugs and lag.

After playing around with my friends Droid X, I'm not sure if I can resist upgrading to it, but is it really worth it? I'm scared that in another couple of months there will be a bigger and better one out.

So I have a few questions for you guys:

1. Have you heard anything about a new Android phone? (I know about the Droid 2)

2. Have you upgraded from the original Droid to the Droid X, or do you own the Droid X? Do you have any problems with it; anything you wish was different? Any bugs, lag? etc.

This is a huge help to me guys, I really appreciate input.

Thanks!

1. There is ALWAYS a new phone coming out. In fact, Motorola has already announce an End of Life date for the Droid X, I think it's March '11. Just decide when you want a new phone, then get the best phone available that meets all your criteria, and buy it. Otherwise, you'll keep waiting for the Next Best Thing.

2. Nope, but I just bought a Droid X (still waiting for it to ship), moving to it from my current iPhone 3Gs. Can't answer the rest of your questions about it since I don't have it yet.

Upvote 0
I've had a droid since last year and I just got my X in the mail yesterday. I have been playing with it non stop. It is definitely an upgrade over the regular droid. It is noticeably smoother and less buggy. The UI is nicer and has more options than before. The biggest difference to me was obviously the screen. Side by side the X is 10x better imo. Makes web browsing on a phone much more enjoyable. The HDMI out is a cool feature and the camera is better and much more fluid. My droid 1 was rooted, overclocked, and tweaked to be as fast as it could but the bone stock X has it beat hands down. Like others said, there is always a bigger and better coming. The X will hold me over for a while though.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones