New android phone user, screen wont unlock...please help!

1. Sideways Simon

Sideways Simon New Member

H i there, i just recieved my new android 2.2 smart phone..

This one to be exact- [​IMG] http://cgi.ebay.ie/Google-Android-O...04644?pt=UK_Mobile_Phones&hash=item25618cc224

So, got it started up and was playing around with it, went into the callibration app, the phone seemd to freeze, anyhow as a last resort i took out the battery and started again.

Now, i cant unlock the screen, i can only pull over the unlock tab on the screen about 2/3 of the way accross....

So, im stuck now, dont know what to do, somebody please help me!!

Advertisement
  2. breadnatty08

breadnatty08 pain rustique VIP Member

To give us a little more help, which particular phone did you buy (the eBay link doesn't work)? What "calibration app" were you using, and what was the purpose? Your best bet may be to do a factory reset (we can help you with that once you tell us which model you have).
  3. Sideways Simon

Sideways Simon New Member

Thanks for the reply, sorry about the ebay link, i have it edited there now so hopefully it works..

Google Android OS WIFI TV Touch Smart mobile Phone G9 | eBay

How do i do a factory reset if i cant get the screen unlocked??
  4. ninja_reject

ninja_reject Well-Known Member

That ad looks shady to me. I couldn't find the name of the phone, even the manufacturer. And the last page says it only works on 2g, not at all on 3g. What is the point of a 2g android?
  5. zuben el genub

zuben el genub Well-Known Member

Plenty of use. I've bought unlocked phones that don't have TMO band. TMO did have a cheaper plan for those that did this. Phone first, PDA second, and good wifi at home.
    And no carrier bloatware.
  6. Questkev

Questkev Active Member

its the same company thay sells the i9+++++++ or whateverit is. I wouldnt be suprised if that thing is actually running an android clone. notice how it says things are installed already, makes me wonder if you go to install another app from the market place will it even recognize the device?

also metroPCS runs 2/3rds of thier androids off of "2g" (speeds, but an actual 3g network, its a touchy subject lol)