• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

New Android System Update?

Ferb

Mar 23, 2013
So this morning I had a notification about a new android system update. Its a MetroPCS phone already had Android 5.1.1 with help of this forum of course (I didnt take the OTA option) its also root.
So I came to check any info about it, but didnt find anything.
The update is 256mb so I decided to install it. So far the only change I can see is the Software version changed the last letter. Now its MS63110d
Before it was MS63110i. Anyone any info about it and whats new or why we need it? I tried some google search but no forum talk about it.
Thanks.

So this morning I had a notification about a new android system update. Its a MetroPCS phone already had Android 5.1.1 with help of this forum of course (I didnt take the OTA option) its also root.
The update is 256mb so I decided to install it. So far the only change I can see is the Software version changed the last letter. Now its MS63110d
Before it was MS63110i. Anyone any info about it and whats new or why we need it? I tried some google search but no forum talk about it.
Thanks.
Are you still rooted?

Upvote 0
Thanks.
thats weird...it should have went from d to i...im also surprised you were able to accept the update being rooted. and surprised again that you didnt lose root

Reactions: 6th_Hokage
Upvote 0
Yeah,I'm on MS63110d.
Isn't that the current revision level,what everyone else is on?

i is the current version thats what we are all on using gametheorys update method

Im checking and it looks like it was a update for the stagefright bug, a mandatory update.
Now just wanna know why some ppl have i and others d. In Tmobile website the last software is i. Im not sure for MetroPCS

the current version is i for both metro and tmobile (i have metro)

Reactions: Ferb and KOLIO
Upvote 0
I just went to LG/LG stylo/MetroPCS: http://www.lg.com/us/support-mobile/lg-MS631#software_panel it says: we are pleased to announce Android Lollipop software update, version MS63110d for the LG Stylo is now available. The date is 08/25/2015.

Is posible that this new update changed to the d variant?
im betting that is a screw up on LG's part because i already had the d software, but just recently the kdz link changed to i for my phone

gametheory got the i update from another user and he confirmed that it had a new modem and kernel

edit i also have to add that my data speeds are significantly faster now that i updated to i and got the new modem. thanks again gametheory!

Reactions: KOLIO
Upvote 0
Yes folks, the latest update released by LG is v10i. In the root section of the forum there is a sticky thread where I posted a safe way to update for rooted users.
Thanks for that, somehow I did it by OTA and my phone survived :D. Is there any risk that I should check in my phone now since I did it by OTA even though I had your updated method gametheorys?

Upvote 0
I just went to LG/LG stylo/MetroPCS: http://www.lg.com/us/support-mobile/lg-MS631#software_panel it says: we are pleased to announce Android Lollipop software update, version MS63110d for the LG Stylo is now available. The date is 08/25/2015.

Is posible that this new update changed to the d variant?

It's been saying 10d on LG's site since June.

gametheory got the i update from another user and he confirmed that it had a new modem and kernel

edit i also have to add that my data speeds are significantly faster now that i updated to i and got the new modem. thanks again gametheory!

No I did not get it from another user, I got it straight from LG.

No problem.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones