• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

New android user / ex Iphoner

ChOnG2k4

Oct 26, 2010
Hi there,

Ive had an iphone for 2 years now but recently have got the Desire HD, i love the ability to customize the themese etc on the HD, but im very confused to what is the best theme/skin program. There seems to be loads, ahome/panda/dxtop/openhome/livehome. I dont want to spend alot of money on themes so i think openhome is out window as the app and all new wallpapers cost alot.

Would be thankfull of any information on how and where to get nice themes at budget price or even free.

Cheers

I'm a mover too.

I think, on balance, the DHD is better but there are things I miss from the iPhone too:

Battery life on the DHD is poor, it barely gets me from 07:30 to 17:00 of general use.
The touch interface on the screen is less accurate and responsive than the iPad
The email client is worse on the DHD. At least the GMail client is worse but that is the only one that uses push email.

Upvote 0
Me too, after months of pure 'beating-my-head-against-a-wall' frustration at being unable to make and receive calls reliably on iPhone4 and after 3 exchange phones from apple, I finally gave up and returned it from whence it came.

I am so looking forward to my DHD which should be arriving from Voda any day now. :)

Upvote 0
I'm a mover too.

I think, on balance, the DHD is better but there are things I miss from the iPhone too:

Battery life on the DHD is poor, it barely gets me from 07:30 to 17:00 of general use.
The email client is worse on the DHD. At least the GMail client is worse but that is the only one that uses push email.

Please say you are not comparing a 9" screen there (ipad) to a 4.3" screen!.

..Thats like comparing a Old mini to a sportscar!.

Upvote 0
I'm a mover too.

The battery gets better after time, so I am led to believe.

And the mail program on the iPhone was brilliant, would be hard to beat. I'm on Gmail anyway so I'll be interested to see what the app is like

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones