New android user / ex IphonerGeneral

1. ChOnG2k4

ChOnG2k4 Member

Hi there,

Ive had an iphone for 2 years now but recently have got the Desire HD, i love the ability to customize the themese etc on the HD, but im very confused to what is the best theme/skin program. There seems to be loads, ahome/panda/dxtop/openhome/livehome. I dont want to spend alot of money on themes so i think openhome is out window as the app and all new wallpapers cost alot.

Would be thankfull of any information on how and where to get nice themes at budget price or even free.

Cheers

Advertisement
  2. RussWWFC

RussWWFC Well-Known Member

You are in the same boat as me mate, should be getting mine tomorrow, fingers crossed
  3. ChOnG2k4

ChOnG2k4 Member

N1, let me know how you get on. Im actually missing quite a few things from iphone but the no flash player for websites was a deal breaker for me and the iphone. Most websites use flash so the iphone is not going to last with out it.
  4. ukleeds

ukleeds Member

I'm a mover too.

I think, on balance, the DHD is better but there are things I miss from the iPhone too:

Battery life on the DHD is poor, it barely gets me from 07:30 to 17:00 of general use.
    The touch interface on the screen is less accurate and responsive than the iPad
    The email client is worse on the DHD. At least the GMail client is worse but that is the only one that uses push email.
  5. GoFlying

GoFlying New Member

Me too, after months of pure 'beating-my-head-against-a-wall' frustration at being unable to make and receive calls reliably on iPhone4 and after 3 exchange phones from apple, I finally gave up and returned it from whence it came.

I am so looking forward to my DHD which should be arriving from Voda any day now. :)
  6. SpencerUk

SpencerUk Well-Known Member

Please say you are not comparing a 9" screen there (ipad) to a 4.3" screen!.

..Thats like comparing a Old mini to a sportscar!.
  7. RussWWFC

RussWWFC Well-Known Member

The battery gets better after time, so I am led to believe.

And the mail program on the iPhone was brilliant, would be hard to beat. I'm on Gmail anyway so I'll be interested to see what the app is like
  8. SpencerUk

SpencerUk Well-Known Member

I use K9 on android xD
  9. ukleeds

ukleeds Member

Sorry iPhone not iPad

One of the reasons for moving was push email which I have always missed from my BB a few years ago.

Tried K9 but it does not do push.