• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

New Android User - Excuse My Ignorance

Well I finally dumped my Palm and have gone modern with the LG Ally. I like all the bells and whistles but still miss having the calendar & task feature on my phone and desktop. I have synced to Google but I just don't like the feel especially now that all my contacts are in First Name Last Name order (how do I fix this in Google). Can anyone recommend a good desktop calender/to-do app?

Thanks!

I use CalendarPad as opposed to the HTC or stock Calendar. From reading these forums I've noticed a lot of users coming from Palm and BB who prefer Jorte. As for To-do List / reminder type apps a lot of people love Astrid, there's also 3Banana, and Evernote but I don't use any of them.

For the answer to your first name last name question check out Ask Nerd Girl on AndroidTapp . com, I believe she answered this question in one of her past blogs, but I don't recall what the solution was.

Hope this helps.

Upvote 0
Hi-I've been using Jorte and the Agenda Widget, not bad...Astrid for tasks (enters tasks into the Agenda Widget, which is nice). Have tried Gemini Calendar, looks nicer, but I find Jorte more functional (Gemini was in beta, so may have changed). Notes I'm still sorting out; have tried ColorNote (simple, looks nice, not many functions), 3 Banana and Note Everything, which are all on my Droid now. I miss Pocket Informant, which I used on my Dell x51v (Pocket PC), but these are adequate. (I've read PI is coming to Android in the fall, but will be about $90 or so, a big investment)

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones