New Android user from Atlanta

Last Updated:

1. Lazarus

Lazarus Member This Topic's Starter

Hello,

I just got a Droid Eris Sunday. My first PDA phone was a HTC Hermes (AT&T 8525) that I absolutely loved but broke it. Since then, about 6-9 months, I've been using my backup Razor. Made the switch to Verizon and wanted a Droid or even an Incred but opted for a Eris since it was basically free.

I decided to join up so I can learn how to get the most out of the phone. I've never used apps or anything like that before so I'm looking to learn.

Advertisement
  2. MeaganMeister

MeaganMeister Member

Great choice, I love the Eris! Some really great apps to have on their
    are 1. Pandora - free internet radio, its just like satellite no commercials and no fees though.
    2. Application Task Killer - perserves battery life and makes sure all your apps are shut off correctly.
    3. Weatherbug - Gives you Weather in your area and or anywhere you may be traveling.
    4. Galaxy Sky Map - Shows you the constallations and stars from where your standing, even if its inside the buildings.
    5. If your a dorklike me too, i love the application called, 9000+ awesome facts.

I have a million more too, but those are just some of my favorites

Lazarus likes this.
  3. Lazarus

Thanks Meagan. I'll look into that Pandora. Does the radio flow smoothly over wi-fi? I work in the basement of a hospital and dont get any type of signal but I leech off of the hospitals wi-fi.

4. PaulMcCartney

PaulMcCartney Well-Known Member

Hey, it's nice to meet you! :)

Welcome to AF.

5. Lazarus

Thanks Paul. I'm learning alot here but feel like alot is still way over my head. Do you know if there is a dictionary for terms like: rooting, leak, OTA, etc?