New Android User Here

Last Updated:

1. ppazz1101

ppazz1101 New Member This Topic's Starter

Hey everyone. Figured I'd introduce myself here.

My name is Dan. I just ordered my Samsung Fascinate today through my employer. This will be my first Android device. I'm coming from an HTC Touch Pro 2 running WinMo 6.5 with a custom ROM.

I'd like to think I'm an above average user in the smart phone world. I did a fair bit of customization with my Touch Pro (WinMo 6.1) and my Touch Pro 2 (WinMo 6.5). I was considering holding out for WP7, but I'm stuck on VZW and won't be waiting till 2011. So it's Android for me.

I'm liking everything I see so far. It was a hard decision for me between the Incredible and Fascinate. In the end, I couldn't say no to the hardware on the Fascinate. I know everyone seems to love Sense, and that's great. But I used HTC's version of Sense UI on the WinMo phones and just didn't really care for it as much. I'll probably end up rooting the Fascinate and trying some different things out on it. I'm really looking forward to seeing what Android can do.

Advertisement
  2. Steven58

Steven58 Reformed PH VIP Member

Welcome to the Android Forums community! Glad you signed up! Feel free to join the conversations! :)