New Android user needs helpSupport

Last Updated:

1. Denise Scott

Denise Scott New Member This Topic's Starter

I just got a Samsung Galaxy S. Think it's great except my phone won't sync up with my Windows XP sp. 3 computer. It doesn't see the device. Tried downloading Samsungs USB driver, didn't help. Do any of you all have any tricks?:confused:

Advertisement
  2. Martimus

Martimus One bite at a time... Moderator

Welcome to the Android Forums! I'll move your question to the Galaxy S forum to get you access to the folks who can likely assist you.

3. jollygoon

jollygoon Well-Known Member

If you've already installed the drivers you should be able to get the computer recognise your phone as an external hdd. Go to settings > apps > development > (select) USB debugging or settings > about phone > USB settings > (select) mass storage. Then plug your phone into your PC, then on your phone pull the notification bar down and select the one with the USB logo (forgot the name) then on the popup choose mount. Then your phone should be recognised by your PC.

You should also check out http://androidforums.com/samsung-galaxy-s/148491-answers-usb-connection-issues.html thread

4. Sparksltd

Sparksltd Member

Hi Denise, I had that same problem once. After I installed kies and connected the phone I got a message "device not recognized".

The Problem turned out to be all the COM port's where used up. Plugging the usb cable into a different usb port on the back of my pc solved it. I think I also disconnected some usb devices too.

5. NZtechfreak

NZtechfreak Well-Known Member

I needed to connect in USB Debugging mode first, when I did that it installed the required drivers for the PC to see the phone in other modes (to get to USB debugging mode you need to go to Settings --> Applications --> Development and enable it there).